• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Transfer from Army

Mac2687

LAC
Anyone give me a heads up on postings, Pay supps etc for CSS trade ?

I have submitted my transfer paperwork and just waiting for authority to transfer to come through. I am currently Royal Signals working in the same equivalent trade and any info would be much appreciated.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Morning Mate. Pay Sup 2 so far for TG 4. Don't know how that would be with regards to your current pay if it will be held. Was Ex Tg 3 (Radar and comms with a tadge of ICT) myself so was upheld on legacy pay up to 2023 (out now so makes no difference) as we would have had a pay cut on transfer to the new pay structure (2015/16).

Postings can be from a crappy i-hub to working on ICT on aircraft platforms/ Radar and telecommunication networks (Digital and Analogue) / Deployable North Yorkshire "Special" Forces etc Cyber security is a small part of the trade. It does exist just not as big as it is sold to the youngsters. You could be in Scotland - South of England / Cyprus / Falkland Isles...

Mac2687

LAC
Thanks for the heads up,

I am currently on supp 2, don’t know about keeping rank etc, done on a case by case bases or so I have been told.

Not to sure how RAF works with postings but in signals there are only certain places for my trade you can get posted to. Is there postings in Lossiemouth for CSS as I am originally from 20 miles down the road ?