• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tranche 3

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Does anyone know any pukka gen about the next round of redundancies? i.e. whose eligible, when your going to be invited to apply, and by what date you can expect to be out by. Is there any truth to the rumour that they're looking for 450 armourers?

Last edited:
B

Bluntend

The latest rumour I've heard is that the announcement will be made in April 06 with applications to be in by Jun 06. The results will be announced in Sep 06. If you're lucky enough to get your application approved you'll be out by Apr 07. If its compulsory it'll be more like Sep 07.

This is just a rumour that I picked up off of the grapevine so if anybody has any more solid info please feel free to update me. As for who they're looking for I haven't a clue.

Good luck to all those who want out...

B

Bluntend

Further to my last post, the Chief Clerk's bulletin (Annex A) gives an overview of which trades have sufficiencies or surplus manpower. It gives no indication to rank, however, it is, I feel, fair to say that if a specific trade has a large surplus they may be in line for a cull in Tranch 3. At this stage its all a lot of speculation and I wouldn't bet my mortgage on which trades are going to be targeted but the CC's bulletin might give a bit of an indicator.

http://www.publications.raf.r.mil.uk/live/ChfClk/0601/AnnexA.htm

Hope this helps.