• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade related rank insignia

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Heard our WO chuckle today that the latest thing is that they are going to release trade eppallettes to keep us all happy and stay in the RAF, apparently it's what the snowflakes want, standby for ENGINEER, SUPPLY and EGG FLIPPER.....

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's not like the concept is new for how many years has there been a fist grabbing lightening bolts badge, a bomb with wings badge etc etc .
Ordering and manufacturing all that new trade specific insignia will undoubtedly cost more than generic insignia costs now.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The RN wear trade badges so it's not like it's totally new. And even the army effectively wear their trade (at a high level, anyway) because of their regimental or corps cap badges.

4everAD

Sergeant
I hope this is a wind up because of all the things that need fixing (and money spending on them) in the RAF this is the least important.

Though we could have fun guessing what would be on the badges for each trade.....

A closed sign for the adminers.
A shiny liney pound for tg1.
Any more?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I hope this is a wind up because of all the things that need fixing (and money spending on them) in the RAF this is the least important.

Though we could have fun guessing what would be on the badges for each trade.....

A closed sign for the adminers.
A shiny liney pound for tg1.
Any more?

A small dog for 'leccies of course
a volleyball net for firemen?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
If I was still in I'd like a 'RIP' crossed with a shovel badge for the medics in honour of all those we buried out the back of medical centres.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Can't resist how you lot missed this one. A Snowdrop for the police :ROFLMAO: Blimey I remember as a lower ranker not having epaulettes until mid eighties.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For a Squipper a a sovereign in a condom coat under a parachute.
If TG 3 was still here a bag of iron filings ( a ground up radio and a ground up radar - a bit like filings).
For TG4 a sack of sh!t.
For TG1 a p!ssed up liney pissing on a TG4.
For PTI's a, mirror or a piece of cotton with a knot in it.
For a Rock, an image of Zeus, the leader of all gods.
For the RAFP an intelligent dog with a masters cap (or maybe a Snowdrop listening into a horn).
For the Stackers a fork lift truck loaded with blankets and a rat pack box or two.
For a Shiney, a desk (or chair and desk) and pen in a cross type shape.
For Aircrew, a Fisons grow-bag with some appropriate plants growing in it.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Could have a suggestion box for Techies, they always seemed to know how to fix everyone else’s problems, #toomuchcrewroom