• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Worst Boss Ever!

M

M_for_Mother

Have any of you worked for a real nightmare at some point in your career?

Perhaps you are a nightmare boss and want to tell us all about how awful you've been to your troops?

No names of course, but all tales of schiesser leadership at any level, from David Brent to Idi Amin, are most welcome on this thread.

(At least its a break from Flt Ops whingers talking in acronyms!)

MFM

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Yep,

When I was at Henlow we had a boss I shall call "Hamster Woman". In every aspect of work we were wrong and the ferkin eejits in bldg 85 were right! She regulary came out to bo11ock us for soeemthing without checking our side of the story, once she was proved wrong, there was no apologies! I made her cry once because she ragged me in front of the troops, so I took her into her office and gave her a one way conversation! She eventually got involuntary redundancy (along with her husband). "Hamster Woman"? Because she knew ferk all about the trade, when we explained things using lots of acrynoms and "MOD speak" her face would start to twitch and she was not unlike a member of that small rodent family! Mind I would have 5hagged her, nice, tight, little body

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I'll go first then. Small fighter base in Norfolk - my first tour as baby engineer. My Boss was 20 years in rank, 30+ years as an engineering officer and close to retirement.

He wasn't a nightmare as such - in fact a really good bloke - but boy could he ramble on!

A "quick 5 minutes to put the boss in the picture" usually wrote off an afternoon as sandbags were drawn up and tilly lamps set swinging.

The guy had a fantastic head for engineering and came up with some fantastic 'hair-brained' solutions - based on a wealth of experience in some amazing situations. Typically though, he would write his ideas out in hand-written long-hand and would never write two sentances when 3 pages would do - verbose was not the word! One sentance, I kid not, was 3/4 of a page of A4 - and gramatically perfect!

He was a bad boss in that he would take up a lot of time, but brilliant in that he taught me to consider all the possibilities, and not be constrained by practicality!

I have had another awful boss who is top of my "list of hate" ::/: , but that's another story...:pDT_Xtremez_06:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My boss is pedantic, egotistical, bullying and self centered she'll think nothing of signing off half the annual budget on useless equipment that the troops never get the benefit from, she dissappears when any real decisions need to be taken and then if the troops decisions weren't quite right refuses to take responsibility.....
I fact it's time to put in for a posting, best divorce her as well:pDT_Xtremez_31:
The one at work's not a bad boss at the moment but we all have our moments...:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

M_for_Mother

Blonde-haired FTRS Sqn Ldr Supplier working on Proj Synergy (Telic III) in 04. Was an absolute harridan:

(harridan Show phonetics
noun [C] OLD-FASHIONED DISAPPROVING
an unpleasant, especially older woman, who shouts a lot)

Used to correct your speech and couldn't use her w@nking claw because of a 'trapped nerve' in her back. This trapped nerve would manifest itself whenever there was something difficult or dangerous to do.

Everyone on the project lived in fear of her spectacular outbursts and wild moodswings. Luckily she went home after 5 weeks and resorted to reaming us out over the phone from Blighty. Jack cow!

It later transpired that her bfriend was a 2 Star Engineering Officer, not that it had any bearing on her FTRS employment.

Last edited:
B

Bluntend

Do we get extra bonus points if we recognise ourselves described on this thread...?

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

so you describe yoursel' as an unpleasant older woman who shouts a lot then? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

P

Portland Bill

Hogwarts BEngO! I also used to work for a said officer at the small NNAF Fighter BAse..... I actually bought a fan from service cash because I spent so much time in his office in the summer. You are correct though that he was an excellent officer and certainly helped a good few JOs along their way. He was also extremely useful in a fight with the bigboys, he certainly stuck up for me on occasions.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

To be a manager

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts, "Excuse me. Can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below says, "Yes, you are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 & 42 degrees N latitude and between 58 & 60 degrees W. longitude."

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct but I have no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below says, "You must be a manager"

"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," says the man below, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met but now it is somehow my fault."

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Had a couple JEngOs at the Wiltshire establishment that were knobbers of the highest order. The first was an ex-ranker (rigger) who didn't have a clue what an aileron booster pack did. He also insisted on taking his Mrs to every beercall. She wanted to be treated as one of the lads till someone asked the question "You have such nice blond hair why the fcuk do you dye your roots brown?" Teddies got thrown in quite grand style and a written apology was demanded from said JEngO. Also had a one way chat with the SEngO after an attempted bout of fisticuffs, at the B-Line closing down party, with someone who bullied him years back.
The second being another ex-ranker who used to work on one of the minor teams at this Wilts base. Didn't have a clue, or personality for that matter. He was a right sneaky tw@t. One minute you would be beavering away with not a soul in sight then next thing you know, without making a sound, he would be there looking over your shoulder.