• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MOD e-1132 process

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Usually, we are given a timeline of 15 working days from submission of our application for accommodation but just had mine returned after only 1 working day?

On completion I was given a choice of 82 properties of which all didn't look fit to house a meth lab, let alone a Serviceman and his family so I elected for them to allocate me one based on my preferences. Who the hell takes those photos of the inside by the way? Seeing heating appliances from the 1970's, dingy carpets and wires hanging out of the walls doesn't imbue me with a feeling of quality.

So, the application was bounced back to me just now with no offer other than a link to choose from the sh1te I've already skipped past. An email sent to me explaining the circumstances why would be nice, but this just smacks of a lazy individual looking at these applications and making zero effort.

And they wonder why they can't retain folk?

​​

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
They'll be working to the principle that "Beggars cant be choosers". You need a house by a finite date, and they'll offer you the crappiest places first, hoping you'll take one in desperation.

You will be allocated one of the 82 hovels you have already seen. In the past it was a case of get what you are given but now you get to choose what you think is the best of a bad lot. This way you can't blame them for putting you in it as you picked it. About the only way you can get a better place is if you know for a fact that an address not on your list already is or will be empty and will be fit to move into when you require it.

Is it lazy? Maybe but at least the customer has a choice now even if they are all crap.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Well I just bounced it back to them by selecting the 'Choose for me' option, if they do it again I've a good mind to put a service complaint in. Had enough of such lazy and apathetic service.

So do they not offer up something based on your preferences any more allowing you to accept or reject?

Last edited:

hugo_a_go_go

Corporal
clueless the lot of them, i applied for SFA and was offered (nice looking) Type C. Signed the agreement then got call saying it was actually a type B

Was i given option to pay the extra....nope.

Offer changed to Tenko style sh1thole so cancelled entire application then re-submitted, was offered the same Type B house again FFS

14 Months later and said Type B still empty

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Estate was getting sold off so all punters out. Annoyance with stragglers still serving in the last few properties. Estate lay empty and rotting for a couple of years afterwards. Fcuking joke of an organisation.