• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Great Manpower rebalance

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JustACowboy

Greetings and Salutations,

With the "urgent" re-allocation of manpower within the branch has anyone heard about when and where the mighty "they" are planning to move people?

P.S. Possibly the best RUMINT posting for a long time ::p:

L

luke

Eh?

Eh?

What urgent re-allocation of manpower? (damn it! - must take more interest in the RAF in future...).

PS - Yes I do wear loud shirts, but speak softly? NEVER I TELLS YE!! NEVER!!

J

JustACowboy

You know the one.....

Overstretch.....SH force under manned......only 1 officer on FJ Stn Int Posts.....various posts marked for disestablishment to re-allocate manpower......FP wings need Int.....All to happen by 01 Jan 07 (& NLT then End of Mar 07):pDT_Xtremez_03:

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Greetings and Salutations,

With the "urgent" re-allocation of manpower within the branch has anyone heard about when and where the mighty "they" are planning to move people?

P.S. Possibly the best RUMINT posting for a long time ::p:

Some things never change.
I suppose it was obvious that there would be a major re-shuffle and re-location within the trade. I mean, it's only about 5 or 6 years since they spent all those thousands of taxpayers pounds renovating a derelict shell into the new TIW HQ.
It's nice to see that the Air Farce is still highly efficient at wasting my money.

Re-balance?

Re-balance?

'Re-balancing' manpower pressumes that it was once 'in' balance. Still, just as well we didn't get all those extra personnel for TIS-WAS we obviously didn't need them . . . . :pDT_Xtremez_38:

stella

LAC
'Re-balancing' manpower pressumes that it was once 'in' balance. Still, just as well we didn't get all those extra personnel for TIS-WAS we obviously didn't need them . . . . :pDT_Xtremez_38:

ah the cynicism just flows like a river!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Tis-was

Tis-was

Allah, clearly your omnipotence failed on this occasion . . . . . Tactical Intelligence Support Wing was an idea 4-5 years ago to generate a Unit that was dedicated to supporting OOA as it was recognised that if you take someone from a digital post, the job they were doing wouldn’t get done (MENSA membership not required!)

The manpower review of 2001 stated a requirement for an addition 79 Flt Lts and 26 Sqn Ldrs to cover the jobs/tasks we were doing then (pre-TELIC and Herrick). TISW was a way of alleviating the strain without giving that many people to the Branch (heaven forbid that we should identify a requirement and satisfy it). TISW was to comprise 26 Flt Lt and 6 Sqn Ldr (started higher and got whittled down), oh, and clearly a Wg Cdr to 'command' it.

Unfortunately it wasn’t supported either by the ‘owner’ of RAF intelligence at that time, or the Air Force Board and was scrapped as an idea.

Stella, no Cynicism, just observation . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.