• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme ***WARNING***

R

ResidentTiger

This is a warning for all of you who have signed up to the ELCS. Although the good guide says that after 4 years you get up to £1000 and £2000 ater 8 years, and you can have 3 dips in 3 years. What you are NOT told is that when you leave the Service these sums are classed as a perk and as such taxed!!!
The moral of the story is use your 3 ELCS dips BEFORE you leave to gain maximum benefit.
This was brought to my attention by Bristol University Tel 0117 9491500 if you want confirmation.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Just been speaking to the learning centre about these things and being able to use them in NZ, and unless the provider and course are ELCAS registered they won't cough up the money.

They tell you all this money is going to be there when your conned into signing up to the scheme (because it makes them look good) and then proceed to make as difficult as possible to get the money unless you fit neatly into a predetermined box that someone else has decided you should fit into.

So unless your next career move is the box standard average joe type move, you're buggered in regards as to getting money out of the fekkers.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
My two pence

My two pence

This is a field related to what I do at the moment, and although it looks bleak there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

ANY learning provider in the world can register with ELCAS, especially NZ as its part of the commonwealth.

I wasn't aware of any taxation though! best i start looking to using mine after 01/01/08!

B

baldybouncer

I tried to do a course using my elc's but due to the nature of the course (web design) there is no recognised Q so they won't pay for it.

Major Geek

Sergeant
baldybouncer said:
I tried to do a course using my elc's but due to the nature of the course (web design) there is no recognised Q so they won't pay for it.

What have Q's got to do with it? Don't the courses just have to be at Level 3 or higher?

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Major Geek said:
What have Q's got to do with it? Don't the courses just have to be at Level 3 or higher?

Q's are nothing to do with it, in fact you cant use ELC's for anything related to the job you do that you would otherwise get out of the RAF anyway.