• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Armed Forces Scooter Club

Bloomin Eck ! what a site ! too many bad memories for me though !

I had a Lambretta once, bl**dy thing nearly killed me.

In Lincs, went round a corner until I could'nt 'get it down' no more cos of those stupid 'extra wide' running boards & stubby tyres.

Ran out of road, went airborne (impressed myself with improvised swan dive) and landed upside down in a dyke with my head just shy of the water. For a split second I relished in being 'alive' with no breaks - then the scoot 'arrived', pinning my legs to the bank with that chuffin huge kickstart!

Nobody about, or even if their were, they would'nt have seen me. It took a whole hour to get the damn thing off me and back up the incline. Needless to say, the offending article was given away shortly afterwards - with several health warnings .... and then bought a 'proper' bike.

K

katinthehat

O thats sounds too good to be true!!
I understand totally though.
Must admit, I have a passion for most things with an engine but scoots have always been my first love - had a PX myself, ex had a Lammy... mine was the more reliable, and I tended to get to chosen destinations under my own steam whereas he used to turn up courtesy of the RAC.........