• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you!

4everAD

Sergeant
Just had a wonderful weeks AT up at Grantown On Spey, excellent instructor,kit and amenities. I as much as anyone take the mickey out of PTIs but when it comes to running this kind of activity they deserve a big pat on the back. Thanks.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
A very underated way to wind down when its in works time and you get paid as well !!!. The mere mention of AT strikes fear into some peoples heart, me a week off work.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've had two stints of AT up at Grantown this year and I agree, very well run and the staff are very good at what they do. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Nice film, but the headgear is a little gay....

...when there was a RAFG, pretty sure we all went to Oberammergau and skied Oberau just up the road. Great times and cheap as chips.

Last edited:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Nice film, but the headgear is a little gay....

...when there was a RAFG, pretty sure we all went to Oberammergau and skied Oberau just up the road. Great times and cheap as chips.

I thought the same when I was going out there.... I wanted to wear my úber cool big pink floppy beanie however EVERYONE is wearing them hats now a days. You're actually the odd one out of you're not.... the kids have some wicked ones with big MoHo's running down them. :)

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If it saves a few swedes I guess it is worth it for progess sake. There were some nasty "man meets tree" and "man meets other man" incidents out there.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I've also seen an OC TDF wipeout on snow whilst showboating for the group and take an SAC with him. He hit her at full speed and knocked her about 20 metres down hill. Fortunately she was the only one in our group wearing a helmet It still resulted in being airlifted to hospital but think it could have been so much worse had she not been wearing it.

Last edited:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was asked if I wanted to go to Fairbourne last year and jumped at the chance.

Word was passed around and out of a workplace of approx 40 Cpl's... we had FOUR who wanted to come along?!

But the four of us who went had a fantastic time, re-learnt some old skills and would jump at the chance to do it again... and I know it pains me but... Thanks to the PTI's! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I think it's a fantastic team building tool. You also work out quite quickly who the jack f*ckers are when you're all out doing something arduous.