• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you Greta Thunberg!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Never thought I’d give heartfelt thanks to Ms ‘How Dare You’ Thunberg but her crusade against that naughty climate change has actually done something for not only planet Earth but the whole of humanity.

Coldplay have announced that due to wanting to save the planet they won’t be touring their next album.

THANK YOU GRETA!

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Never thought I’d give heartfelt thanks to Ms ‘How Dare You’ Thunberg but her crusade against that naughty climate change has actually done something for not only planet Earth but the whole of humanity.

Coldplay have announced that due to wanting to save the planet they won’t be touring their next album.

THANK YOU GRETA!
Is Ms Huff Huff still trying to get back home to school or enjoying the USA USA USA sights and sounds of mung bean growers collective talks on Tofu variety. :whistle:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

THANK YOU GRETA!
You philistine. At least we don't get to suffer the insufferable pink Floyd these days.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
She needs to get herself over to China and India with her message I will take her seriously. They are the chief polluters, and until such time as they start reducing, she is p!$$ing into the wind.

BTW, I recycle everything I can, I have solar panels, I dont overheat my house, and my next car will be an electric one, so I already take my climate responsibilities seriously.

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Is Ms Huff Huff still trying to get back home to school or enjoying the USA USA USA sights and sounds of mung bean growers collective talks on Tofu variety. :whistle:
After touring America and Canada for a while she was heading to Chile for the UN Conference on Climate Change till they binned it off due to protests. She she started begging for another free trip over the Atlantic to Spain so she can get to the rescheduled Conference. A couple of days ago she was bobbing about near Bermuda after a minor squall held them up.
The ships captain had to fly over the Atlantic to get her to Spain. So far her not wanting to fly has at my last count accounted for at least 5 flights across the pond!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
You philistine. At least we don't get to suffer the insufferable pink Floyd these days.

Come the glorious revolution JiT you will be restrained and given the opportunity to listen to the utter genius that is the (post-Syd) Floyd until just the opening bars of music from ‘Wish You Were Here’ make you cry like an 8 year old girl (like that character in A Clockwork Orange but without the Ludwig Van).

It’s either that or Cliff Richard and ‘Mistletoe and Wine’ for ETERNITY!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
She needs to get herself over to China and India with her message I will take her seriously. They are the chief polluters, and until such time as they start reducing, she is p!$$ing into the wind.

BTW, I recycle everything I can, I have solar panels, I dont overheat my house, and my next car will be an electric one, so I already take my climate responsibilities seriously.
I'm on my holidays in Australia. You can get 10cents for coke cans beer bottles fruit cartons and plastic bottles. Just bought a 24 pack of beer, so that's $2.40 back.

It's an incentive to recycle.

Mustang

Corporal
After touring America and Canada for a while she was heading to Chile for the UN Conference on Climate Change till they binned it off due to protests. She she started begging for another free trip over the Atlantic to Spain so she can get to the rescheduled Conference. A couple of days ago she was bobbing about near Bermuda after a minor squall held them up.
The ships captain had to fly over the Atlantic to get her to Spain. So far her not wanting to fly has at my last count accounted for at least 5 flights across the pond!
But it's all in a goodcause innit? Apart from which, do as I say not as I do, seems to apply in this case.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
But it's all in a goodcause innit? Apart from which, do as I say not as I do, seems to apply in this case.

Like all those ‘celebrities’ having their pictures taken with her many of whom have private jets, garages full of huge cars or their very own super yacht. I’m very surprised Mr DiCaprio didn’t offer Ms Midwich Cuckoo a lift. But here’s the thing; shouldn’t this young girl be in school?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
But she's not a school girl!! She's a time traveling alien sent to warn us.

It must be true it was in the papers.

If that was the case why didn't Greta warn the folks back in the 19th century about the 'perils' of using fossil fuels then? I'm guessing that looking freaky is just one of them Swedish things.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
If that was the case why didn't Greta warn the folks back in the 19th century about the 'perils' of using fossil fuels then? I'm guessing that looking freaky is just one of them Swedish things.
How dare How dare I should be back at school several thousand light years away. In my day this would be called Wagging from School. Clearly Sweden have a whole new meaning. Will Joan of Arc pt2 be able to get back for exam time or do Swedes have gap decades

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Like all those ‘celebrities’ having their pictures taken with her many of whom have private jets, garages full of huge cars or their very own super yacht. I’m very surprised Mr DiCaprio didn’t offer Ms Midwich Cuckoo a lift. But here’s the thing; shouldn’t this young girl be in school?

Given that she's such a fricken' expert, you'd think she'd absolutely smash her Geography GCSE....

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’ve observed a thought a while on Greta and Extinction Rebellion as they either whined on Tv or brought some of a city centre to a standstill...I’d be much more impressed if they started to pick on the purveyors of plastic use rather than the common person just trying to grind out a living. Just choose 100 Asda’s and block the entrances until they agree to stop putting most every item of fruit or veg in a plastic bag! Because of their need to continually sell food to protect their supply chain and margins 2-3 days of 100 shops not selling much would feck Asda right up and force change...you wouldn’t have to do the other chains...just threaten that they are next. That would have 100% more effect than anything they have done to date but it would mean not having a few days in the city either smacked off their tits on drugs or earning ER demo bragging rights at the next muddle class vegan tofu and wine soirée in the Cotswolds.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Alternatively they could protest at the locations that produce the highest levels of pollutants. Perhaps outside selected Chinese coal fueled power stations, a N. Korean Nuclear facility, the oil refinery complexes in Iran or even any big city on the banks of the Ganges. Trouble is these places are a long way from Fortnum and Masons if you fancy a vegan picnic hamper or Harrods for some ethnically sourced bubbly.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I’ve observed a thought a while on Greta and Extinction Rebellion as they either whined on Tv or brought some of a city centre to a standstill...I’d be much more impressed if they started to pick on the purveyors of plastic use rather than the common person just trying to grind out a living. Just choose 100 Asda’s and block the entrances until they agree to stop putting most every item of fruit or veg in a plastic bag! Because of their need to continually sell food to protect their supply chain and margins 2-3 days of 100 shops not selling much would feck Asda right up and force change...you wouldn’t have to do the other chains...just threaten that they are next. That would have 100% more effect than anything they have done to date but it would mean not having a few days in the city either smacked off their tits on drugs or earning ER demo bragging rights at the next muddle class vegan tofu and wine soirée in the Cotswolds.

have you thought about the type of people who use Asda Vim? Protesters would have the s**t kicked out of them for stopping immediate access to all the cheap alcohol and trans fats. They’d be safer blockading Waitrose!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I see Ms Thunberg has celebrated her 17th birthday by exhorting more children to go on climate strike. Go for it kids, be just like Greta. A mentally challenged child who literally has no educational qualifications whatsoever because she kept bunking off school. Good luck finding an employer!