• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG12 FS-WO Promotions

Rumour has it, that due to 4 WO slots being lost there will be no more WO promotions until at least 2015. Can anyone confirm this and which jobs have our Lords and Masters decided to get rid of.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Rumour has it, that due to 4 WO slots being lost there will be no more WO promotions until at least 2015. Can anyone confirm this and which jobs have our Lords and Masters decided to get rid of.

Well I would guess that with the amalgamation of Scampton/1ACC it would be hard to justify the amount of WOs that are on the 2 units at the moment. However 4 seems a high percentage to lose, even with SDSR cuts looming.

More worrying is the knock on this has to the rest of promotions. It is not a surprise and may help slow down the quick promotions of recent years.

However with even a top rate WO being cheaper to employ than a Flt Lt then be prepared for the ABM branch to take a kicking come redundancy time - why pay people more money to do the same job with a fraction of the experience.

To be quite honest, I don't think that redundancy will have much impact on the trade. It may make peoples mind up for them however. Unfortunately, as we know, the Officer ABM's run our trade and the trade WO does as he is told. Do you think they have lost any slots-I doubt it very much. They do a very good job in protecting themselves we, on the other hand do a very good job in shooting ourselves in the foot.

E

EscapeTheBunker...

Been hearing that FS-WO promotions will be limited to one a year till 2016.