• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swords for weddings

orgASMic

LAC
Some help required, please. I need to get an RAF Officer's sword for a wedding party in June. Not having been to a military wedding for a couple of years, where does one get one these days? I am overseas, so need to pick it up on the day before the do and drop it off the day after, due to flights in and out.

Thanks

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
As its a military wedding, could one of the other officers not sign out a 2nd sword on your behalf from their unit?

Failing that, contact the SWO at the nearest unit to where the do is and see if he can sort you out.

orgASMic

LAC
As its a military wedding, could one of the other officers not sign out a 2nd sword on your behalf from their unit?

Failing that, contact the SWO at the nearest unit to where the do is and see if he can sort you out.

Army wedding. I think I'm the only Crab going, but I will try the SWO route.

orgASMic

LAC
For non-public ceremonial events swords are signed out from Halton. The number can be found on the Clothing and general Stores Role office page on the Air Command intranet.

Right, got it, thanks. Last time I had one they were kept in the Mess at High Wycombe. If anyone else is looking, it is RAF Halton (95237) Ext 6333.