• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strike!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
4.73% for me in well known extended arm of MOD procurement.

Time to look elsewhere.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
4.73% for me in well known extended arm of MOD procurement.

Time to look elsewhere.
You may well find your 4.73% is part due to your grade being paid significantly more than the same grade in another area of Civil service and is part of the levelling up that PCS have campaigned for. If "elsewhere" means the private sector, then good luck to you. I believe that all MOD CS recruitment has been suspended to pay the wages of the regulars, so expect nobody to do your job if you leave.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
You may well find your 4.73% is part due to your grade being paid significantly more than the same grade in another area of Civil service and is part of the levelling up that PCS have campaigned for. If "elsewhere" means the private sector, then good luck to you. I believe that all MOD CS recruitment has been suspended to pay the wages of the regulars, so expect nobody to do your job if you leave.
Frozen recruitment but (allegedly) to be reviewed 7 Aug. I've lost another couple of decent candidates who were told they have a job but will need to wait until December. Real life doesn't work like that.

Wage wise, I do quite well earning the same as a TG1 WO with a couple of years under his belt but I do work for it with my wearing of at least four hats, not including my work with Apprentices and about to receive another areas work but not their man power.

The cracks are getting wider.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have never concerned myself with who would do my old job when I left anywhere, my give a toss-ometer never moved from the 0 stop. Its the companies problem not mine I couldn't give flying fig whether they hired a robot, a person or left it blank.
That's Leeds United's approach to strikers (do you see what I did there) as well.
Sold Kemar Roofe and left the vacancy unfilled for 4 years.

Course they are - so why dont they accept a 0% pay rise and all the money goes to the resources budget instead? If every teacher didnt get a 10% rise, then there could be 10% more teachers.
Fair, but still they are contracted to work 35 hours a week and are working 60hrs + for free... difficult situation for sure.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Fair, but still they are contracted to work 35 hours a week and are working 60hrs + for free... difficult situation for sure.

Some may be - many dont. Thats 12 hour days every day for 39 weeks, which equates to 45 hours a week over 52 weeks. I could imagine they might do a 50 hour week if they teach at a high school with lots of marking and exam prep. That equates to 37.5 hours a week over a year. My brother is a teacher and he doesnt do 60 hour weeks. He's usually home by 4:30pm and may have an hour of prep that he didnt manage to do in between lessons.

I was both a School Governor (primary) and Chair of the PTA (high), and at both schools, most staff were gone by 4pm.