• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stacker Question

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
C-Stores...

So if something is a C-Store item then it is receipted, accounted for in what I would call a main store then issued to a unit/asset/facility where it then falls off the radar of the main tracking tool (whatever that is called)? Once it gets into the new units stores it is consumed and more is ordered once you notice you are lacking in it?

Is that the same for bullets? (Sorry Rockapes...I meant 'rounds')?

iainrm

Corporal
C stores were (maybe still) are form of barter currency for use when the formal systems fails.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Once upon a time it would end up in someone's locker ready for issue when the item has gone inability due to having not being ordered for the last 6 months.....

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Rounds are fully accounted for right up to the point of consumption, and can be returned with the appropriate documentation providing the D of Q is maintained.

In other words, anything less than an ammo box and its best just waste them.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
D of Q denomination of quantity. The units a thing is supplied in i.e. singly or packets of 5, 10, 50 etc. or weight lbs, kilograms and so on. Getting the D of Q wrong can lead to interesting amounts of kit turning up. Someone wanted 50 sanding discs so ordered 50, sadly they come in boxes of 50!! 50x50=lots We will never have to demand them again.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
D of Q denomination of quantity. The units a thing is supplied in i.e. singly or packets of 5, 10, 50 etc. or weight lbs, kilograms and so on. Getting the D of Q wrong can lead to interesting amounts of kit turning up. Someone wanted 50 sanding discs so ordered 50, sadly they come in boxes of 50!! 50x50=lots We will never have to demand them again.

Unfortunately & rather frustratingly you also have to consider the PPQ, pre packaged quantity. E.g. Widget D of Q = EA (each) however that each could be a pack of 100 widgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

I remember rivets were d of q QL ( quarter lb) with a 250 in a packet. Techies used to demand qty 250. You'd also have about 10 different sizes. So if the vdu operators didn't pick it up. Tech stores wouldn't be happy.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm drowning under a sea of Kim wipe because of this. My new SAC was told demand 28 and he did. unfortunately it comes in bales of 30 rolls. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

gray

Sergeant
Who has never ordered a few thousand ty-wraps, instead of 30-40 :) Who needs DoQ anyway.. .:pDT_Xtremez_39:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
As a techie I have fallen foul of changes to D of Q (1 & 2):

1. Ordered some Alacrom for the First Aid corrosion kits (Honington), the D of Q was originally 1 Litre, so ordered two, about a week later a fork lift turned up with two 45 gallon drums, and they would not take them back.

2. Down the Falklands, I needed to replace the Double Bond in the BDR kits, D of Q was EA (when I left Gutersloh) so ordered 10, got an irate SNCO phone me up asking why I needed so much, explained why I needed it, then got his Fl Lt on the phone asking why if I only wanted ten packets I had ordered 10 boxes of ten, it turned out they changed the D of Q to EA being a box of ten, go figure.

3. At Gutersloh we were told at one point that only authorised hard copies could be printed as there was a shortage of paper, when I went to buy another car from an army WO, I visited his barracks to look at the car and he asked me if I needed any A4 paper, when I asked him why, he told me his admin staff had ordered their normal amount, but the D of Q had changed and the order was delivered on the back of an articulated lorry with virtually all the stock at the depot, again supply refused to take any back, so I ended up taking quite a load off him to distribute around Gutersloh until supplies returned to normal.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
C-Stores...

So if something is a C-Store item then it is receipted, accounted for in what I would call a main store then issued to a unit/asset/facility where it then falls off the radar of the main tracking tool (whatever that is called)? Once it gets into the new units stores it is consumed and more is ordered once you notice you are lacking in it?

Is that the same for bullets? (Sorry Rockapes...I meant 'rounds')?

With the recent upgrade of MJDI (recent - I mean a couple of years) it depends what type of AinU is set up. A consuming AinU would, as you say 'consume' the C stores however a non-consuming AinU would show C stores on the AinU balance. All AinUs are supposed to be non-consuming now as per Air Logistic Instructions (with some exceptions) so all bullets would show as being accounted for albeit forward from stores.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Old Stock Controller foggy 1981 to 1990

Old Stock Controller foggy 1981 to 1990

Hello fellow Suppliers.
How has the system change over the years within status of rank. During my time we had Supplier 1 and 2 then Stock Controller promoted you to higher status Supplier 1. Also have there been any separation of the supply trade itself.
Regards John.

1Referee

LAC
John,

We are all in one pot now, until the mid nineties you did basic, then a Supply controller course, on the old USAS 1.

When USAS 2/MJDI came i in 2000 it all became windows based, along with the familiar job in structured training. NOw its on our terminals as an Icon and everything is electronic, no tapes and discs anymore.

NCO's are units managers for it now, with the seniors spending all thier time doing SJARs, pointless KPIs and going OOA!!!

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
John,

We are all in one pot now, until the mid nineties you did basic, then a Supply controller course, on the old USAS 1.

When USAS 2/MJDI came i in 2000 it all became windows based, along with the familiar job in structured training. NOw its on our terminals as an Icon and everything is electronic, no tapes and discs anymore.

NCO's are units managers for it now, with the seniors spending all thier time doing SJARs, pointless KPIs and going OOA!!!
Hello again.
Bit of a shame really as the best part was the knowledge without the computers when you had to do the stores in the field so to speak. In Belize APC Stock Controlling was still 1640m cards and T cards in 1984. As you say we had the old discs and reels due in at 16MU while ticker tape had to be deciphered. Strangely I enjoyed the mechanics. Like also you mentioned when Computers came in so went out Line Managers to process the movement of stock. I seen it first hand when I left in 1990tys and started working for local companies in various distribution industries. Food more or less introduce controls in the major distribution networks then home retailers followed suit.
Within the nineties I worked for Local employment agencies doing longer contract work each time. Time and Motion was still in use until 2000s Controls on Order picking system came in. Now like you mentioned Managers were doing KPI reports and annual assessments.
We use too take pride when working for Stock Control and getting your hands dirty at Kinloss when doing Duty Supplier while conversing with lonely mechanics to brass.
regards john