• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soldier from 1st Battalion ,Yorkshire Regiment KIA Afghan 30/12/11

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
RIP Yorkie,

My sincere heartfelt condolences to your family & friends,I'll be raising a glass in honour tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16373393

A soldier from 1st Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment has been killed in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has announced.

He was killed by an explosion on 30 December in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand Province while taking part in a foot patrol.

The soldier's next of kin have been informed of his death.

The number of UK personnel killed in Afghanistan since military operations there began in 2001 now stands at 394.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
RIP, stand easy.

Deepest sympathy to all friends and family. Any death is devastating... more so at this time of year. :pDT_Xtremez_21:

HTB

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
RIP, stand easy.

Deepest sympathy to all friends and family. Any death is devastating... more so at this time of year. :pDT_Xtremez_21:

HTB

I know mate,I was just thinking here was a family who had a OK Christmas,dreading the knock on the door like any family with deployed relatives,looking forward to a New Years party only to have everything they hold dear ripped apart by this devastating news.
For them,Christmas & New Year will now & forever take on a new meaning,one of sadness & loss.

Toonman

SAC
I wait with trepidation the name coming through as I have just retired and moved to a retirement estate in Norfolk Two days ago met a chap on the estate and in the conversation he mentioned that his son is an officer with this regiment. He was so proud of his son and what he had achieved after being brought up in Walthamstow in East London. He said his proudest moment in his life was to attend Sandhurst for his son's passing out parade.