• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So what do you think of this...

• Thread starter Flt Lt Badminton-Squash
  • Start date
F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

This email was sent to me, and a number of others today, I was wondering what the general thought was....
(Oh, and if this topic is elswhere then I apologise!)

This is NOT a joke - it is serious!

Democracy in action?

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a
tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will
cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a
rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take
the kids to school paid £86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will
be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast
you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can
probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please
sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people
as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

M

mumof4

.i have already signed the petition, as a non working mum who takes the kids to and from school and goes to car shows and usually gets lost on the way there and back(to the shows i mean..took me 6 hours to get back from Northampton a while ago)...this would cost me a fortune..in the last 9 months i have covered nearly 8k miles..:pDT_Xtremez_35: .(scenic milaege you understand).maybe if they abolished road tax and cut the cost of fuel to practically zilch then maybe..but this is downright fooking atrocious..making us pay for the tracking devices!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Nearly 430,000 signatures so far but I bet the wankers wil push it through anyway.

Will the RAF pay to have one fitted to the car I need to travel 15 miles from my quarter to work?

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Signed!

Aside from living in the middle of nowhere and it being a 30 mile round trip just to go to tescos, i am a community carer, which means i drive the 12 miles into work, then go from house to house caring for the elderly and infirm, i only work the weekends and average about 110 miles over that period!!! Then add to the fact that like most on here, we live miles from family who we visit at least once a month...........need i go on!

Bloody stupid idea and just like the ID cards, the bloody government want to do this, but we have to pay out for it all!!!!

::/:

W

wgaf

Signed!

Aside from living in the middle of nowhere and it being a 30 mile round trip just to go to tescos, i am a community carer, which means i drive the 12 miles into work, then go from house to house caring for the elderly and infirm, i only work the weekends and average about 110 miles over that period!!! Then add to the fact that like most on here, we live miles from family who we visit at least once a month...........need i go on!

Bloody stupid idea and just like the ID cards, the bloody government want to do this, but we have to pay out for it all!!!!

::/:

Mrs M I'm infirm is there any chance of a bedbath:pDT_Xtremez_17:

tats

Sergeant
Signed and passed on to friends.

I don't use my car much anymore due to living in the centre of town but when I do use it, its for fairly long journeys and I damned if they think I'm going to spend even MORE money on that flaming machine, its expensive enough as it is!!!!! ::/:

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Hi there,

In my opinion this road pricing will never happen in the near future.

I know that there was uproar when the poll tax came in and Government enforcing it, and this will obviously be another kick up the @rse.

However, I can’t see how this pricing structure will work.

There are more than 32.3 million registered vehicles on the UK roads as of Feb last year. I fail to see how, with all the will in the world it will come to fruition. Government can see that they need to do something and I think that it is a knee jerk reaction to the growing affects on climate change and economic pressures.

Putting Spies in the cars, while allowing a pay as you drive scheme will permit Big Brother to watch your every move, with speeding, bus lane driving and parking fines being automatically deducted with a handy monthly Direct Debit.

Look at it another way, 32.3 million vehicles all using the roads, the computer and tracking system needed would surely have to be immense, we simply don’t have the technology or the initial financial outlay to make the system work (look at the c@ck up with the congestion charges, with people getting bills when they have never been to “The Smoke” and the CSA farce). Not to mention the GPS system, which on occasion leaves a lot to be desired, I know I have one.

Sod the technological implications, how about human rights I hear you say, and with this point alone, I feel it won’t happen. It will be a long time coming when every newborn baby will have an ID chip fitted and as an adult to have a retro fit or face detention, drugging and an anal probe to be chipped.

This type of stealth taxing has been looked at numerous times over the last 10 years, and each time it gets tried and tested out on about 10 people in Oxfordshire or The Highlands, and at the end of it they see that it’s technically nor financially feasible.

In the end if they want to do it, technology must evolve. Government will have to be greatly aware of the political implications of its actions and future actions, and finally the public need to embrace the concept.

Can you honestly see it happening in the next 20-30 years? I can't.

SCJ