• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SJAR - Promotion Recommendation

Chicco

LAC
SJAR says..

1 Rank Up - Dev
2 Rank Up - Dev
Future Rank - *Current Rank*

Would i be right to think that this is not a promotion recommendation, even with the OPG of B+. Therefore would be boarded as a C grade.?

SJAR says..

1 Rank Up - Yes
2 Rank Up - Yes
Future Rank - *1 Rank Higher*

Would i be right in thinking that this with an OPG of B+, would be a positive promotion recommendation. Therefore, 3 of these would see you fall from a C grade, with the view of a high number B grade.?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You are correct. Dev (on the most recent SJAR) is not a positive rec for promotion and would be boarded as a C.

Chicco

LAC
Hello Mr Downsizer,

As i thought. I did look at the JSP757 though it was unclear, as DEV could be read as suitable for promotion, though not fully.

Would a 3 year history with a DEV every make it past the Pre-Boarding Cell?
What about the OPG of B+ and above?

I did look at the SJAR - Brief sticky in the forum, though not alot of information is given about this type of question.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Would a 3 year history with a DEV every make it past the Pre-Boarding Cell? They would grade you as a C
What about the OPG of B+ and above? Irrelevant

My understanding in red. You could however be a B grade (or even A) with a Dev, Dev, Yes/High....

Keyser Söze

Corporal
The OPG is relates to your performance at your current rank. The promotion recommendation relates to your potential, at the next or higher rank. My view is that you're doing we'll at your current position but have not yet demonstrated sufficiently, to convince your 1st RO that you are able to fill the shoes in the next rank, yet.
Hope it's a little clearer