• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shawbury crash...

T

TheEvilDiesel

Deffo not good news. I live near there and have the pleasure of seeing/hearing them every day.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Another bad day for the Royal Air Force. Condolences to the family of the guy who perished, and speedy recoveries wished for the 3 injured. Not a good start to 2007.

RIP

Soupdragon

Piermaster
ahhh , so thats where Valleys Sea King chased off to this afternoon... heard him telling the local Coastguard he was on his way to Shawbury.. not good news at all...

Condolences to all concerned

FOMz

Warrant Officer
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE STATION COMMANDER RAF SHAWBURY
– GROUP CAPTAIN PAUL CUNNINGHAM BSc RAF

"FOLLOWING MY ANNOUNCEMENT YESTERDAY. I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE CRASH SITE HAS BEEN SECURED AND A BOARD OF INQUIRY SET UP TO INVESTIGATE THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE TRAGIC ACCIDENT INVOLVING THE TWO SQUIRREL AIRCRAFT AT RAF TERN HILL.

THE BOARD MEMBERS WILL VISIT THE SITE AND BE BRIEFED BY THE ACCIDENT RECOVERY OFFICER. ONCE ALL THE EVIDENCE HAS BEEN REVIEWED, THE BOARD OF INQUIRY WILL REPORT THEIR FINDINGS ON THE CAUSE OF THE ACCIDENT AND THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE WILL PUBLISH THESE IN DUE COURSE.

SADLY MR JOHN GARNONS-WILLIAMS, A CIVILIAN PILOT EMPLOYED BY F B HELI-SERVICES, DIED IN THE CRASH AND OUR CONDOLENCES ARE WITH HIS WIFE AND FAMILY AT THIS TIME. OUR SUPPORT IS ALSO WITH THE OTHER PILOTS INVOLVED (1 ROYAL NAVY AND 2 RAF) AND THEIR FAMILIES AND WE WISH THEM A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

WE ALSO THANK THE EMERGENCY SERVICES AND THE AIR AMBULANCE FOR THEIR RAPID RESPONSE AND PROFESSIONALISM IN SUPPORT OF RESCUE OPERATIONS."

110800 JAN 07