• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaving - RTC

Hi All,

I use a DE Razor to shave and due to sensitive skin (ooh er) I use a shaving cream that requires a brush to lather. Am I able to use this to shave at RTC or does it have to be cream/gel from a can?

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It's okay ladies don't have to shave, seriously though its probably a time and faff thing rather than a strict requirement to use cream and razor.

Brackens

SAC
Although you may have to have a can of shaving foam "for show" in your locker for inspections so that it is to the prescribed layout.

Quite true. And be sure to wipe away any excess foam the can's nozzle on inspection! They were quite hot on that from what I can remember though things may have changed in 10 years.

Here's a question, I might be jumping the gun a bit. Assume I shave at 6am or whenever it is in the morning, the brush I use to lather will likely still be wet/damp by morning inspection (although this will be in my civvy locker and not part of the issue kit). Will that cause problems?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It should be wet. At the second daily inspection at Sleaford Tech, the toothbrush was always checked to ensure that it was wet after the post-midday meal brush,

Not joking here. They were very srong on dental hygeine - presumably because of the quality of speech that passed though that particular orifice.

Cheers guys, I can just imagine if I had two they'd think I was pulling the wool over their eyes... I'll take a second as a backup, and if it causes a real problem - I will have to revert to a can and have 9 weeks of blisters on my neck :)

Cheers :pDT_Xtremez_14: