• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sew on name tags

A

Aaoi

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but does anyone have any links / recommendations for where to get sew-on name tags 5cm x 1.5cm that are suitable for basic? Also would you reccomend getting them preprinted or would that be a big no no? Sounds silly but in the last few weeks I've started to obsess if I have everything I need...

I've scoured the shops by me but they only have ones with 'name....' or are too large. I'm struggling to find the right size. Thanks if anyone can help :)

Last edited:

Northern Monkey

Corporal
Apologies for hijacking the thread, but does anyone have any links / recommendations for where to get sew-on name tags 5cm x 1.5cm that are suitable for basic? Also would you reccomend getting them preprinted or would that be a big no no? Sounds silly but in the last few weeks I've started to obsess if I have everything I need...

I've scoured the shops by me but they only have ones with 'name....' or are too large. I'm struggling to find the right size. Thanks if anyone can help :)

Just get the ones with 'Name..........' then. When I went through they were perfectly adequate. It doesn't have to be pre-printed ones. The likelihood is, is that if one comes off it will need to be replaced anyway so why go to the expense of pre-printed ones.

Brackens

SAC
These are what you want

http://www.nametag-it.co.uk/shop.php?f=products&id=79

phone your AFCO and ask for your service number and then get them printed with your last name and the last 3 digits of your service number, they iron on and then you can sew them on after, they last much better than the ones from the spar shop, i still have one pair of socks from basic and they still have have the name labels on them and that was two years ago!

A

afc4life

... they iron on and then you can sew them on after...

Big tip though, sew them somewhere where they aint gonna come into contact with the skin though (bit difficult in the duds 'n' socks dept granted) otherwise you'll itch like a ba***rd.

A

Aaoi

These are what you want

http://www.nametag-it.co.uk/shop.php?f=products&id=79

phone your AFCO and ask for your service number and then get them printed with your last name and the last 3 digits of your service number, they iron on and then you can sew them on after, they last much better than the ones from the spar shop, i still have one pair of socks from basic and they still have have the name labels on them and that was two years ago!
Cheers for that! Ordered myself some today :) thats just about my kit finished. Oh and afc4life, thanks for that tip, I'll store it away for when the sock sewing commences.

W

Winter8905

I'm going down next week for basic training, in regards to name tags do we have to write out names/numbers on the tags before we get there? will the afco have everyone's numbers already?

I've got the name tags, they say iron on, will they be ok to sew on after they've been ironed on?

84scouse

SAC
I'm going down next week for basic training, in regards to name tags do we have to write out names/numbers on the tags before we get there? will the afco have everyone's numbers already?

I've got the name tags, they say iron on, will they be ok to sew on after they've been ironed on?

Yes they will be ok to sew after ironing... the good thing is you know the label is secure before you sew it, so it won't be stitched on wonky! It's great these labels are allowed at Halton; at HMS Raleigh we had to write our name on the inside of absolutely everything with white or black marker- which was a bitch with things like socks & underwear, as daily hand-washing means you have to constantly reapply!! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

Just another quick tip.
That company are really friendly... so I ordered 25 blank and 25 named, but I don't have my service number so asked for a small space at the end of my name to write the service number on.

They come delivered in a standard envelope (usually next day), so if you really wanted too, just get a few name tages to tie you over for a couple of days (not sure what part of RTC you need to use these), and wait for your address. You'll be given your service number pretty quickly so you could also throw in an order via your phone that evening or something.