• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Session Timeout

To techy team,

any chance of increasing the session timeout period. By the time I have read a threads and am ready to reply / post need to enter log in details again. Dont propose anything mad like sessions lasting days just an hour long session would be nice.

Note am bit of a web tech head myself if you ever need help give us a shout i'll see what I can do. (more asp than php but can turn my hand to most things)

Last edited by a moderator:

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
When you log in tick the 'remember me' box then it wont time out just dont forgot to log yourself off!

M

monobrow

Well the session time limit is 15 mins. once that has been exceeded the goat tells everyone you've logged out.

If the password entering is an issue (which it can be when making a long reply) my suggestion would be to tick the remember password when logging in. That way when it comes to actually hitting the submit post button, it knows your password to do it and not fob you off with the "please log in" screen.

Thanks all,

Will try that, bloody obvious really! Duh and I write web sites as well. Although for security and as I hate MSoft I use firefox and this is set to forget cookies on shutdown of browser intentionally. Will see how it goes but will not dirty the doors again as is my settings ultimately and don't expect a goat change for one.

$garbage_timeout = 3600;
ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', $garbage_timeout);

M

monobrow

Theres no harm in the cookie settings. But if FireFox is set to clear cookies on shutdown, don't close the browser window between replies :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Ya ya .. I trust implicitly the goats cookies it's every other fecker i'm not sure of. Usually run multi tabs as well which I find can help as i load in one tab it will refresh the cookie a bit only if i stay monotab generally do i get problem . Like I say no probs to live with it.

Worst is at work pc's to slow no tabs MSoft software ARGHHHHH...

GNU Licensing the way forward fre software for all...

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i need to check if something has changed or if i am doing something wrong :pDT_Xtremez_35:

As mono said in an earlier post, the session times out after 15 mins, well recently i have noticed that it doesnt! If you look at the online users, there are some that were last active as much as 25 mins ago, but still appear online. This has also happened to me and when i log back in again, whether it be 30 mins after closing the window or a whole day, and start to view a thread, i find i have missed posts.

I have recently tried logging out completely when im done but that doesnt seem to make much difference ie, it said i last visited at 8.42pm tonight (which was the time i logged out), i signed in again about 9.20pm, clicked to view the headley court thread and of course got the most recent post, but there were other posts i had not read that were posted since i logged out. Does that make sense??? :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Am i doing something wrong when logging out that makes it think im still on?

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Just to add to this, i signed in today after completely logging out last night, clicked to view first unread on the headley court thread it took me to the most recent post but there were 3 pages of posts that i hadnt seen. They were all posted after i logged off last night.

Someone help me please! :pDT_Xtremez_35:

I know its not life threatening or anything, but it is bloody annoying to have to try and search for the last post you read, particularly on popular threads!