• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Self entitled chavs and jobsworths

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So I'm at the bus stop, with my grandson who's in his buggy. I'm the only person there with a buggy. Along come 4 buses. I want the 2nd one I go to walk to the 2nd bus and lo and behold this young female chAve gets on before me with her buggy. There's already another buggy on and the jobsworth driver says he can only let two on. I said I was there first and she pushed in. He wasn't having any of it. I remonstrated with chav female who gave me some abuse. I said the the how come your mate let me on yesterday and there was already two buggies on. He said he shouldn't have done. At this stage I just left it.

I'm worried I'm getting too mellow in my old age.

PS

I had to explain to my grandson that we'd be late for play group because of ignorant ill-mannered chavs. He didn't understand but it made me feel better

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I suppose I don't realise how lucky I am, with the bus service I've got. I walk 400 yds to the main bus route into Liverpool. I whinge when I have to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I suppose I don't realise how lucky I am, with the bus service I've got. I walk 400 yds to the main bus route into Liverpool. I whinge when I have to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus
Unfortunately, the more busses you have the more Chav type people you have, apart from London, where even people who can afford cars get the bus or tube.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Where I live, they converted the bus shelters into recycling centres. I suppose it means they are still used or - recycled...

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Issue first is the means of transport for mothers with child buggies. Maybe the bus companies should think about converting certain bus route to child pram friendly to attract more users. Manchester has a myriad of services yet for me in the dead zone to get a tram I need to walk a blooming mile in each stop direction. We had four bus services now none to get to oldham or manchester or ashton under lyne. Bit surprised mothers with prams not complain more on available spaces or dedicated pram buses.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Reading this thread got me thinking when was the last time, other than on holiday, that I used public transport bus or train. It's many years ago and certainly not in this decade. My car well I used it yesterday.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I got a plane a couple of days ago, BusInes Class thank god, used a bus to get to the terminal and used about 10 taxis last week do these count.

I like undergrounds and similar systems, the one in Singapore does you fine.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Reading this thread got me thinking when was the last time, other than on holiday, that I used public transport bus or train. It's many years ago and certainly not in this decade. My car well I used it yesterday.
I'm the complete opposite because there's an excellent bus network and I get free travel I use my car once in a blue moon.

Johned

SAC
Reminded me of an experience we had very many years ago one very wet Sunday morning. We journeyed by train from Stamford to Syston where we would change to the Midland Red bus to reach relatives in Thurmaston. I manoeuvred the push chair with our baby son strapped in; my wife looking after our young daughter onto MRs finest BMMO double decker, completely empty but for the driver and conductress. This forbidding amazon, 7 ft tall and as wide, confronted me in a hostile manner and peremptorily said "You're not coming on to this bus with that pram, 'Gerroff!" Remonstrating in a half hearted manner but completely taken aback by her attitude, I started to walk the sodden wet few miles to our destination whilst 'er indoors completed the journey on the bus. Midland Red ran, designed and built their own buses and were responsible for many technical breakthroughs in bus design but that episode always stuck in my craw!

Entropy

Sergeant
Our village is quite well served by a subsidised service into the nearby town but there is a service on a Tuesday that goes past.... but there is no return service ever!