• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Secret Millionaire

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
OK, this is generally a reasonable show and some good causes have benefited from the format. But surely by now nobody can be surprised when a film crew arrive in their charity project with someone looking to do voluntary work that this individual turns out to be a millionaire. Its quite obvious that some of the recipients are feigning shock when the identity of their new assistant is revealed.
I reckon Ch4 have wrung the neck of this show and need to look for something different.

If playing the TV game gets them funding, which in these austere times may keep a vital service in operation that is fine by me. This programme brings home some of the most dreadful circumstances which still exist in this so called modern 21st century society, and the stout hearted individuals who are out on the ground trying to ease some of them.

We could fleece these millionaires with higher tax and let the government sort it out, but the act of them writing a cheque means all the money gets to where it is needed. I have heard anecdotally that 90% of the millionaires featured have maintained a very strong interest in the projects they see which can only be a good thing. A couple of bob direct to the places where it is needed, beats initiatives and taskforces from central government which are essentially a big money pit, hands down every time.

So yes, feigned surprise in the last five minutes of the programme is a bit naff but take the whole programme before on its merits; and I for one will continue to tune in for a bit of a wake up to what is going on in so called broken Britain, and a heartwarming view of the good people out there struggling to achieve great things combatting it.

Jimps