• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAS Ledgend John McAleese.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
RIP indeed.....one of the heroes of my chidhood (although at the time didn't know his name as he was just a man in black).

Reunited with his son who died a couple of years ago.....I guess there will be a few beers being drunk up there now !

stacker1195

Sergeant
Very much a hero of modern times who has left his mark in the history books.

At least he'll be back with his boy now.

As an aside, for those younger goaters who don't remember the Iranian Embassy Siege, his image may be familiar to those who have played the COD:MW series as Capt John Price.

d0043279_49cf9b646dc99.jpg

RIP

Dixie68

SAC
Was it not John McAleese, on being asked the question in court after the embassy siege "And then what did you do?", give the superb answer "I gave him the good news" to describe putting enough lead into a terrorist that you could've sharpened his head and used him as a pencil?

Absolutely top bloke and someone the term hero can be rightly applied to.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Just read the write up in the scotttish sun and they have an amazing wee story. Maggie Thatcher will remember him as the voice from across the room after the 1980 siege that said: "Hey, hen, get your head out the way I can't see myself on the telly"
Pure Genius!!