• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reserves

HCRO

LAC
Hello. I am in the process of joining the reserves. Is there a maximum amount of days you can do?
as I would want to do it more than once a month?
Any advice would be brilliant.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Hello. I am in the process of joining the reserves. Is there a maximum amount of days you can do?
as I would want to do it more than once a month?
Any advice would be brilliant.

In the first year a PTRS new entrant is budgeted to 39 days, which is 12 weekends plus a 15 day annual continuous training. This, ACT plus Commmon Core Skills qualification and Fitnesss test will qualify you for your annual bounty.

In the second year this training allowance tends to be increased to 45 days to accommodate the trade training which is rather more extensive

All other days over budget will not come from training, but will either be ceremonial or adventure training or service related events, and there can be rather a lot of these as well if you can get the time off work.

Entropy

Sergeant
The max number of training (working) days you can take is 90 days per year (Apr to March). This is a civvie legal restriction as you are then not classed as part time if you go over this limit.

Don't expect to be able to do any extra during basic and anything available during your phase 2 will be limited to AT and ceremonial as you are not fully trade enabled.

What Sqn are you looking at?

Last edited:

HCRO

LAC
Thankyou for that it helped a lot. I'm hopefully joining 2623 East Anglian squadron.
After phase 1 and 2 would I be able to apply to do more?? The regiment is all I've wanted to do but I would like to get a trade in civvi street so I know when I eventually come out I'll have a trade behind me

Hoggy

LAC
Just thought I would say hello as im joining 2623 also, I have now passed my ast and fitness test and have ordered uniform etc. Just waiting for a start date, was told it should be next month. Cant wait to get started!