• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Regt Reserve Training process - For Interview

adi-

LAC
Morning everybody,

Having done my AST a week ago for Regt Reserves, I have my first interview next week. Happy days.

The less happy days go as follows:
During the initial presentation, I took a bunch of notes to assist with interview prep, including what the training process and timescales of each course is. But somehow between then and now I've lost the paper I took my notes on. Frustrating really, as I have all sorts of other bits of ancillary paper that could quite happily have gone in the bin, but the one bit I need is nowhere to be seen.

I've searched high and low in the house, in the car, in the washing machine (you never know) to no avail. So I have a big favour to ask the RAF community. Please help an idiot who's usually quite good at keeping hold of important things (honest).

I know there's a Pre Basic Training course, which largely consists of drill and such like. Is anybody able to tell me how long this course is in total? I'm also aware it can be done over a few weekends or all in one go. For some reason 6 days is circling round my head, but I may be mixing it up.

Basic Training Course at Halton. 2 weeks? Consists of General Service Knowledge, drill, weapon usage, first aid, CBRN. Anything else?

Then if memory serves there are several weekends of training between Halton and OMEGA (which I think is a 2 week consolidation, mudguard awarding exercise?) What is the training in between and how many weekends is it?

Am I missing anything?

If something's able to concisely list phase 1 and phase 2 into which courses are in each phase and how long the course lasts, that would be very, very appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be offered. I'm very annoyed with myself for losing my notes!

Adi