• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Regiment Gunner hopeful

I have just passed the AST and have my initial Interview week on Monday is there a rough timescale for each step after this if I succeed and are any extra steps I am unaware of ?

Initial interview
Medical
Fitness
PGSC
Final Interview

Lastly I am 34 is there anyone on here gone through at a similar age I am guessing rank rules over age and as long as I am competent and fit enough then my age should not be an issue with anyone but would appreciate any experience from anyone who has undertook it at an older age .

I have just passed the AST and have my initial Interview week on Monday is there a rough timescale for each step after this if I succeed and are any extra steps I am unaware of ?

Initial interview
Medical
Fitness
PGSC
Final Interview

It depends how many applicants they have for the same trade. They will need to allocate you a spot in the next entry date for Basic Training, so they'll prioritise you based on your expected entry date. If it's an over-subscribed role, it could take months... However, usually, depending on how busy the AFCO is, they'll make you go through all of the fitness and medical assessments as soon as possible as this can take the longest, and then you'll play the waiting game. You tend to do your Pre-Recruit Training Course 6 weeks prior to your Basic Training start date, and your final interview a few weeks before (2 to 4 weeks). Just bear in mind that anything can happen between now and your start date, so stay healthy, fit and stay out of trouble. Any changes in your application will cause a delay (health changes or traffic offences).