• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Redundancies

OldMedic

Corporal
According to the press some 70 RAF medical and dental personnel will be made redundant in the last round of reductions.

Just curious as to what sort of posts these might be bearing in mind the establishments are probably already on the small side.

Not been active on eGoat for a few weeks having been busy testing the local NHS services. Can confirm that the CCU at Wythenshawe Hospital Manchester, the CCU and Cardiac Unit at North Manchester General Hospital passed with flying colours and grateful thanks!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Unfortunately the DIB link no longer works for me but IIRC it was around 10 hospital-based Medical Officers and a whole host of senior dental types (so no loss there then!).

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
IIRC

IIRC

There were a fair few hygienist slots to go too.
Now when I was in the only people I actually had appointments cancelled was in the dental centre.
It could have been through laziness, but imagine it would have been through not having enough to go around?

Strange that they are now seen as surplus...