• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recruitment-on hold

Have just had a phone call from the squadron saying that all recruitment has been put on hold.

Any ideas why or is it just down to cold hard cash?

P

Portcullis

As far as the regulars are concerned

Cold Hard Cash.

Too many Phase 1 recruits - not enough Phase 2 training places = too many on long holds.

Until trainees finish Phase 2, their wages come from 22 Gp. No-one at 22 Gp foresaw the influx of recruits and the commensurate increase of ab-initios, so all the money is now gone. Ergo, the RAF could bring more folk into the Service, but couldn't afford to pay them!

I suppose that it is similar to the RauxAF.

G

gin27

Not much of a surprise really, given that The regular regiment has closed it's doors to new applicants recently. The trade is full, quotas have been met. Looks like I was lucky to apply when I did- didn't they say when there would recruit again when they rang you?

Yeah was told April next year, which made me think it was a cash problem, given that its the start of a new financial year.

Not to worry, like I said, gives me plenty more time to get fit etc

A few months of tabbing on dem dare hills will get me sorted over the winter months.

Cant say I was surprised though after reading what's been happening elsewhere.

Entropy

Sergeant
Bu**er!, I am attending an open day at 4624Sqn on the 5th Sep. Fittness is an issue so it should give me some breathing space.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Yep you guessed it is all down filthy lucca, or lack of it.
It seems the RAuxAF Regt Sqns have spent their allocation of funding.
I believe that all other non Regt Sqns are ok to continue recruiting as it only affects Regt Sqns.

Ain't life a bitch

Stewie

SAC
Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anyone know if this is defo the case regarding recrutiment on hold ? just seem to have been a lot of adverts on recently both for regulars and Auggies and Im off down to Brize on the10th of Oct for an open day with 4624, although saying that if it next april it will give me time to get me drowning/swimming skills up to the mark :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Last edited:

Entropy

Sergeant
Stewie, as far as I am aware 4624 Sqn is still recruiting. At my info day in early Sept they told us that we would be attesting (sp) in Jan with BRT at Halton in April. Then next planned cycle is in June.

I would assume that the intake from your info day will have the same start time planned. I couldn't see any point for them to host an info day with an 8 month lead time.

Stewie

SAC
Thanks mate, just spoke to them cos my application for the open day hasnt been replied too, still hoping to be on the open day a week on sat, one bit of good news though is that there isnt a swim test, shame I bought that rubber ring ring with a ducks head on it..............................:pDT_Xtremez_30:

burglar

SAC
Just been to the info day at Waddo for the int reserves this weekend just gone. From what they were saying it is only the Regt Sqns that the recruiting freeze is affecting. Might be an idea to ring the Sqn you're interested in to confirm.