• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re-trading at phase two

J

jonowoodcock

Hi all,

I'm currently four weeks into RAF Police training at southwick park and am increasingly of the view that police is not the trade for me after finding out about the roles from the horses mouths as it were. Originally i put down intelligence analyst and to cut a long story short, i'm thinking of remustering to intelligence.

My trouble is that being in this evironment i can't find out any into on intelligence training or roles other than from the internet or those white sheets. All the staff here are coppers or civvies, I'd be very grateful if someone on here who works in intelligence could tell me a bit about the initial phase two training and the nature of the job thereafter.

Thanks very much,

Jono.

squipper

Corporal
As I tell all of the phase 2 trainees here in the west mids.....go and speak to the AFCO if you want to re-select your trade as they will know what trades are available and indeed the quals/AST scores required.
Have a look in AP 3376, Vol 1, Pt 1, Chap 8 Para 13 for more details. It does state though that your application will have to be submitted between end of week 4 and beginning of week 10 of phase 2 training and it must be for exceptional reasons. Have a word with your training supervisors, they should help!!!

O

Oats

Copper - No!

Copper - No!

If you need advice then call the trade sponsor at Waddington. If he doesn't bite your hand off (so long as you are qualified) then he should be sacked. The trade is desperately under manned apparently. Can't think of the number but search for names on the raf web, looking for wad awc-int pol, brown, bowles, freestone (trade WO). Good luck.

Oats