• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re enlisting

E

elnino

Enquired about re joining but was told I am to old!! Just wondering what others felt about this as it seems that there are more leaving than joining if some of the threads I have read on here are owt to go by.::/:

H

hammy4190

re-enlistement

re-enlistement

Don't know the details of your age etc but I have been told from sources that the navy has a much less stringent age rule that welcomes personel into trades where they are struggling to recruit. worth a try!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

E

elnino

Cheers Hammy, may look into that possibility. Was told that it is more to do with fitness though I find that excuse borrocks as many my age ( 40 ) are quite able to run rings round the yoofs of today. Thanks for yer help tho.:pDT_Xtremez_05:

TotalWar

LAC
As long as you can pass the 1 1/2 mile on the treadmill, and you havent got any dodgy medical history, then fitness isnt a problem.
You need to have exemplary record etc.
JSPs say that you can rejoin up to the age of 50(maybe some trades may have different rules)
The reason I was given was, dependent on how long you had been in before.

They can only offer up to 12 years apparently, inc your previous service.
I got turned down for this reason, I appealed and was succesful. Im 43.

See my thread on upper age limit.

good luck