• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAuxAF Tie?

Ok, you can call me sad if you want to, but...

Is there such a thing as a RAuxAF 'regimental' tie? There's obviously an RAF one and an RAF Regiment one, I've seen them for RAF Police and Air Gunners and Techies and even a sort of zig-zaggy one for RAFVR, but I've never seen an auggie one.

I ask partly because I'm sure somebody once told me they had one and I'd like to know if they were winding me up, but mostly because if one exists then I want one.

Cheers for any help,

Tango

BillyH

LAC
E.C. Snaith and Son may have one, they seem to have a million and one ties from a tenner up.

BillyH:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

Thanks for the help.

Why is it that you always google and google until you can google no more, then somebody just comes along and makes you look like a fool...? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

So...

In the spirit that there's no such thing as a stupid question...

As someone serving on a RAuxAF squadron that consists almost entirely of steely eyed (part time) regiment types, but isn't a RAuxAF Regiment squadron, would wearing the RAuxAF tie be a massive faux pas? Should I wait until being 'mudguarded' (yes it is a word) up and then aquire the RAuxAF Regiment tie for all my big-timing needs?

YO8102

LAC
I have the tie in question. As I'm in a VR Sqn, I'm considering getting the zig-zaggy one as well. We also have a Sqn tie.

YO8102

LAC
So...In the spirit that there's no such thing as a stupid question...As someone serving on a RAuxAF squadron that consists almost entirely of steely eyed (part time) regiment types, but isn't a RAuxAF Regiment squadron, would wearing the RAuxAF tie be a massive faux pas? Should I wait until being 'mudguarded' (yes it is a word) up and then aquire the RAuxAF Regiment tie for all my big-timing needs?
I don't see how a member of fhe RAuxAF wearing a RAuxAF tie could be a faux pas. If you're training to be a rock, however, I'd ask yourself how much use you'll get out of "that 'guin tie" once you're mudguarded.

I don't see how a member of fhe RAuxAF wearing a RAuxAF tie could be a faux pas. If you're training to be a rock, however, I'd ask yourself how much use you'll get out of "that 'guin tie" once you're mudguarded.

Cheers,

I'm inclined to just wear a non-regiment one since it covers all the bases and since the squadron was RAuxAF before the Regiment existed (or at least AAF).

I guess I was using the precedent of not having known a regular rock wear an RAF tie and wanting to avoid an unwanted haranguing from the militant anti-'guin' brigade.