• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAFFT, SFT and what to expect at OASC

C

chrisc

Hi,
I have been preparing for my filter interview and working on my fitness for several months and am applying for Engineer Officer. Reading around the web with the recent changes in the fitness test I am not 100% clear on what is required and would like to clarify.

As I understand it the RAFFT was used previously, but I downloaded the documents for this off the website on 17th April that indicate it is still in use - is it a case of you undergo the SFT at Cranwell and then RAFFT forms your annual review?

The OASC video depicts candidates performing a bleep test and it was mentioned at my P2 pres but I cant find any reference to this in this post on PPrune regarding the SFT, only the 1.5 mile run on a treadmill.

http://www.pprune.org/military-airc...es-please-read-thread-first-new-thread-4.html

As it is I have been preparing for both possibilities and I have already performed my own mock tests to the required standards or better, but for peace of mind I would like to know exactly what is expected on the day - 1.5 mile run, MSFT or both?

Thanks in advance

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
As I understand it according to the 55(R) brief I attended last week you don't do the shuttle run anymore for the OASC. In it's place you do the 1.5mile run. I can't remember what the other age groups do but for my age (30-34) you need to complete it in 10mins 36secs.

You still do the sit-ups and press-ups as per normal.