• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF tartan kilt for sale

Tim P

LAC
Biting the bullet and moving up a size. The 24 inch drop on this one is too short for me. It fits a 36-38 waist and is medium weight. Standard RAF tartan. Knife pleats to the sett.
pics on request. £165.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Biting the bullet and moving up a size. The 24 inch drop on this one is too short for me. It fits a 36-38 waist and is medium weight. Standard RAF tartan. Knife pleats to the sett.
pics on request. £165.

Despite being on the Mess Dress - Sales and Wants section, such a kilt cannot be worn with RAF Mess Dress.

From AP1358: http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/0F19E065_5056_A318_A83C614494292B03.pdf

0242. Kilts. Only members of the Scottish-based RAuxAF Sqns, whilst serving on those Sqns, may, at the discretion of the Station Commander, wear kilts of grey Douglas tartan with No 5B SD. No other tartan is permitted. Kilts are not to be worn outside the confines of the Squadron/Station/Unit function and no other member of the RAF or RAuxAF may wear this or any other kilt with No 5B SD uniform at any occasion.

Tim P

LAC
my understanding was that it was tolerated at certain occasions, if it would be easier to move this thread somewhere more appropriate please do.

Thanks for alerting potential buyers to the error..

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Last edited: