• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Relics

Molar Mob

KOS
In approx. 1983 people living in married quarters were allowed to purchase household items that were no longer issued.

I've just done the washing up after our Sunday dinner and we have a gravy boat purchased during march out from Rheindahlen in1983. It has a stamp on the bottom saying ER W H GRINDLEy 1958.

Lasted some time can anyone match it?😀

Those were the days.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
In approx. 1983 people living in married quarters were allowed to purchase household items that were no longer issued.

I've just done the washing up after our Sunday dinner and we have a gravy boat purchased during march out from Rheindahlen in1983. It has a stamp on the bottom saying ER W H GRINDLEy 1958.

Lasted some time can anyone match it?

Those were the days.

Look carefully between 2.30 to 3.30 and you'll see the rest of your furniture. :pDT_Xtremez_31::pDT_Xtremez_28:

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/sorting-out-furniture-for-the-homes-of-servicemen/query/servicemen

Ronsuddes

SAC

Lasted some time can anyone match it?

Those were the days.

Working in 131MU Aden in 1965 on R1475 (HF Receiver) I was unpacking spares which were in oiled paper packed in 1943 and they were in perfect condition.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
As a Runway Controller at a ex-secret ex-maintenance base in South Wales in the late 90's, the Very Pistols we used were stamped circa 1941.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
We moved into our first quarter in the Jun of '82 and the sale of items began before we moved out in the Dec. Newly married we had been grateful for a fully furnished quarter and the opportunity to retain some of the items on a permanent basis for, quite literally, pennies in some cases was too good to miss. Some of these items can still be found in the darkest recesses of our cupboards even today. Some of the towels lasted years and were great for the kids' bath times.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Molar Mob. Just to prove that my black hat is blacker than yours, my gravy boat does not have a manufacturers name on it, however, it does have a Kings crown with the letters AM either side of it, and the year 1952 underneath it. AM stands for Air Ministry, which was the forerunner to MOD.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Dalton Computer (aka Confuser) I was issued in 97 was dated 1956 on the packaging...my wooden pencil case was around the 60's and I still have them both!