• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Police recruitment

G

GmanJock

Happy New Year folks

im hoping some of you guys are in the know,

iv just came off TG training at Honington, got pretty far but the living outside isnt my cuppa, so after quite a lot of thought i decided to go with what i wanted first of all and apply for the RAF Police. Due to my six month point coming up, i thought it would have been smarter coming out and re-applying instead of re-trading, passing out as a Gunner then not getting the re-trade which i was told is possible.

Is there certain times of the year that the RAF recruit for the Police?
also, what kind of things does the training involve?

sorry its a bit long winded, im unable to get to the AFCO at the moment and any info would be brilliant, Thanks :pDT_Xtremez_30:

F

FoxyFed

Hi,
Bloody hell, a gunner wanting to be a copper. Im sure the sarcasm and copper jokes will follow shortly.

Im not sure if there is a specific point of the year we recruit, I believe its all year round but the best possible answer to that will be to get to the AFCO ASAP. As for the training its now 22 weeks held at Southwick Park in Hampshire and its a little bit of everything thrown in, inc: ATsY, CI, SI, Service law, Common Law, SPCP, Green phase etc.

If you have any more questions just ask and Ill try my hardest to answer them

G

GmanJock

Hi,
Bloody hell, a gunner wanting to be a copper. Im sure the sarcasm and copper jokes will follow shortly.

I wasnt a gunner, just a TG. i was around 4 weeks off from finishing the training, just didnt want to waste anyones time down at Honington if i dint really want the career.
Im getting a little stick from all my mates though, theyv all passed out and the tongue in-cheek insults have been heading my way lol

thanks for the info :pDT_Xtremez_28::pDT_Xtremez_28::pDT_Xtremez_28:

magic

LAC
If the living outside thing is not for you then you may want to reconsider appling for the RAF Police, they are becoming more tactical now with a large Sqn based at Henlow who deploy all the time.

Just a bit of food for thought, if it's the RAF you want to join their are plenty of trades that do not go into the field very often.

Good luck.

G

GmanJock

Magic,
i loved all the ground defence training that i did as a TG, just not a fan of digging trenches and living outside for weeks on end.
The majority of the training i did as Trainee Gunner was really interesting and dare to say it fun at times, but not what i want deep down.
Spent quite a lot of time talking to one of the officers down at RTSB in Honington about re-trading/ re-applying and even though the wheels arent in motion yet, AFCOs closed.., i do feel iv made the right choice