• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Pension - No Increase this year-Why?

• Thread starter Littleoldwinedrinkerme
  • Start date
L

Littleoldwinedrinkerme

MilitaryVeterans angry at pension freeze

MilitaryVeterans angry at pension freeze

Have you read the articles in the Daily Mail and Telegraph?

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
Submitted my JPA PEN1 application today - 18 weeks left in my free clothing:pDT_Xtremez_30:

FFS - sheepshagger! Did 55 years pass in the blink of an eye?

What are you going to do when you have to work for a living?
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

End of an error, hey? :pDT_Xtremez_35:
Oh sorry, shagger, I meant "era".... I think.... Hu, TB, etc, what do you reckon?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek

Oh sorry, shagger, I meant "era".... I think.... Hu, TB, etc, what do you reckon?:pDT_Xtremez_30:
I'm saying fekk all, he's still in and I may need a favour:pDT_Xtremez_06::pDT_Xtremez_30:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Off TopicSaying nowt I'm still working in the same building. Anyway he owns lots of guns.:pDT_Xtremez_32:Off Topic

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mine went down by 85 quid.. Changes to tax code due to other employment!

Thanks for that, it might go some way to explain it... but Mrs 4ma doesn't have other employment (apart from making dinner, washing clothes, keeping bed warm, generally keeping Chez 4ma tidy, etc). If Mr Brown thought he had an awkward moment yesterday, he really doesn't want to meet Mrs 4ma.

Last edited:

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Thanks for that, it might go some way to explain it... but Mrs 4ma doesn't have other employment (apart from making dinner, washing clothes, keeping bed warm, generally keeping Chez 4ma tidy, etc). If Mr Brown thought he had an awkward moment yesterday, he really doesn't want to meet Mrs 4ma.

Further to that post, Mrs 4ma checked with the taxman and discovered that she had been given the wrong tax code on her RAF pension. They had given her a tax code of 1T for some obscure and unexplained reason. The message is clear folks, check your tax code and make sure it is correct. If in doubt, challenge it!!!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
1p

1p

My wife's pension went down by 1p per month, she doesn't pay tax so I cannot fathom why?

beer

SAC
Check your tax code for 2010-2011 as the wonderful people at HM Taxes have made a monumental c0ck up by giving loads of us 'DO' codes (40%) instead of the standard rate (20%) If you had an unexpected drop in pension last month, in my case £120, get onto paymaster and the tax office and check your code.

There is a message relating to this on the Paymaster contact number.

Cheers