• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Lamplighter's bicycle!

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Thats weird, but at the same time makes perfect sense! In WWII there would have been someone who had to light the oil lamps.

I would be very interested to know more about it because like it said in the article, i have never seen one!

Nice find though MM :pDT_Xtremez_28:

D

Damo

Im sure the old Gadgy at cosford who delivers the post have one very similar but his is a 3 wheeler:pDT_Xtremez_08:

Last edited:
Im sure it wouldnt be a Zob carrying out the duty lol, Eventhough the guy in the pic feels the need to wear the hat of our commissioned friends

M

monobrow

Hey I've got a bike made by BSA....

But it's a racer.... perhaps the 1950's RAF cycling team bike..... (now where'd I put that blue paint)

G

grumpyoldb

I pedalled quite a few camp bikes in my time.
They were lovely girls. No, really!!!

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Looks a bit like the bikes you had to use on fire picket at Henlow only they were red.

Max

Sergeant
Thats weird, but at the same time makes perfect sense! In WWII there would have been someone who had to light the oil lamps.

Sounds about right for the RAF I suspect 5 years of Blackouts and the RAF would waste money buying kit to light the lamps which weren't used :pDT_Xtremez_28: