• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Firefighters help to clear IEDs in Helmand

Elwood

SAC
Just read on the RAF Intranet site about some firefighters who were called in to pump out a flooded road in Helmand, using a pump in the bucket of a JCB.

My favourite quote

"At one point Cpl Broadley came under fire whilst in the bucket, luckily with rounds hitting the digger windscreen and not him:

"It was a bit hairy," he said, "given that the bucket was not armoured."

Hat's off guys - top job!!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was my brothers CIED team that undertook this operation. He was telling me all about it - typical British resourcefulness at its best!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Apparently, they did try to clear the flood with a pump from the RE...it lasted about an hour before burning out!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:
C

CC

Hats off to 'em, see they're not out there just playin' volleyball at all.

Great job lads!!!
icon14.gif

S

string vest

I know the lads that did this job and hates of to them all. It was hot and hard going with poor equipment but lucky for them the Royal Engineers helped keep the kit going. The CIED team, what can I say, top job lads hates off to you as I would never do it myself.