• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarters at Coningsby

Zomerzet

LAC
What are they like?

I currently work at Waddington and ended up in a quarter at Scampton which is a complete ball ache getting through Lincoln every day. I am now determined to get a house on camp, even if it means commuting from Scampton for a few months while I wait for a house (While claiming home to duty of course!..).

I have been offered a three bed at 'Castlefeilds' which I will have to move out of when a re-furbed house becomes available (Apparently lots of houses are being refurbed at the moment?). How long has it taken to get a house at the main site? Also is there any difference in the quality of house between the quaters at the main site and Castlefields? Are there any advantages to being at Castlefields? Any info'd be great as I don't want to be screwed by the DHE again...

Any reccomendations?

O

oldhamboy1967

How did that happen? My mate was at Waddo, got posted to Scampton and got told he had to move! They saw sense eventually but by then he had arranged his move and went.

Zomerzet

LAC
housing madness

housing madness

yeah, it's stupid. They've sold half the houses here (& at other camps) off and then wonder why they can't house anyone. I work at Waddo but live at Scampton and people who work at Scampton live at Kirton Lindsey, it's insane! Even the Castlefields site near Coningsby has Civvy housing where they've sold them off. I understand they're cutting numbers but surely they should get rid of the housing AFTER they've got rid of the people?...

O

oldhamboy1967

It's getting mad here, we've had our closure announced by the MoD (2012) and we should relocate to Leeming (was Scampton!). However we're getting quarters sold off here already as well! I can't understand what's going on in Lincolnshire though with the number of people working at Waddo.

When I was there in 90 it was still a sleepy hollow building up after the Vulcan rundown, within a year it was getting busy and we had people even then living over at Scampton.

G

gemarriott

oldhamboy1967 said:
It's getting mad here, we've had our closure announced by the MoD (2012) and we should relocate to Leeming (was Scampton!). However we're getting quarters sold off here already as well! I can't understand what's going on in Lincolnshire though with the number of people working at Waddo.

When I was there in 90 it was still a sleepy hollow building up after the Vulcan rundown, within a year it was getting busy and we had people even then living over at Scampton.

the RAF has alwys screwed it up. Anyone remember when Coningsby had Phantoms in the mud moving days? We had quarters at Chery Willingham, Birchwood in Lincoln. Newark, Castlefields, Pilgrim Square, Clinton Park and 2 main site patches.

My first quarter was 9 Lewis road on Main site, and my last 10 years later was on Martin close again main site. Oddly enough the 12 house on Martin Close have been demolished and replaced by 2 new quarters. Says a lot for how big our old houses were don't you think?

O

oldhamboy1967

I remember the quarters at Birchwood after they got sold off because a mate of mine rented one off a FS based at St Mawgan. If you go back now there's loads of new houses built around the area where the fields used to be.

K

katinthehat

have posted on another thread about this.
Any questions come ask!