• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ricit XIII

This will ge the Desk Officers squirming again :pDT_Xtremez_28:
Can anybody who was reading the PVR post before the crash, please re-post the links to the outside jobs that are available to PI's. As there are a few disgruntled bods looking for possible alternative employment, rather than being constantly away, whilst 'slackers' stay at home and get advancement in rank..cheers for nothing.
Still in 'stan' but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Nice of you to join us 'hooded claw'.

I

Inch High PI

I would be up for a bit of that. Are there any jobs we can do outside?

Apart from shelf stacking.

rover014

LAC
Not me dude! took 7 year too be able to afford a house... now it will take 30 year untill I can afford to take a job the pays even slightly less!:pDT_Xtremez_17:

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Not me dude! took 7 year too be able to afford a house... now it will take 30 year untill I can afford to take a job the pays even slightly less!:pDT_Xtremez_17:

You poor bugger.
I think I'd slit my wrists if I was faced with another 30 years of wearing a blue suit.
Getting my discharge papers signed and handed back in to SHQ, then returning my 1250 to the guardroom was one of the happiest moments of my life.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Agree totally - haven't had 2 days the same in over 7 years - brilliant - keeps the mind active and the bank balance healthy! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

You've been on TIW for 7 years?
Hang on, it hasn't existed for 7 years.
Despite that, you must have been there at the same time as me.
If wearing a blue suit and getting screwed around turns you on, then more power to you. Personally, it really wasn't for me. I'm worth more than that.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Sad Thing is fella I still Love it!

If that's what gets you out of bed in the morning, then best of luck to you.
It would be a dull world if everyone enjoyed the same things.
This will suprize a lot of people who know me, but there was once a time when I still loved it.
It didn't last long though.
I got sick of it when my job was reduced to nothing more than a floor sweeper and van driver. If I'd wanted to do that, I'd have joined as a GD in the first place.

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Shame you did not work at the Big J or NI, because you would have been gainfully employed in that case!

I did.
I started at the big J, then moved to RIC(NI), before finally being condemned to life at Marham.
I really enjoyed my job at Jaric and RICNI because I was working with rolls of film on light tables, and maps. The job was interesting then, and you really felt as if your efforts counted for something.
Then I got sent to shiny two, and was reduced to nothing more than a delivery and errand boy.
Take tapes to the jets.
Collect tapes from the jets.
Drive the van round the perry track.
Take more tapes to the jets.
Brush the floor.
Drop everything. It's just started raining. Time to move TREF 10 feet closer to the HAS.

The job was great until I got to Marham.
That station is a breeding ground for PVR's.
Admittedly, I didn't PVR. I stuck it out for the full 9, but I can certainly understand why Marham is the suicide capital of the air farce.

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Worked at the Big J and hated it, HQ Strike was a cracking tour and TIW was depressing apart from the dets which made it bearable... Here in sunny London I'm enjoying myself again and got a good job!
Only another 13 years left in to get my pension! :pDT_Xtremez_08:

T

The Hooded Claw

Shame you did not work at the Big J or NI, because you would have been gainfully employed in that case!

:pDT_Xtremez_17: LMAO gainfully employed @ BJ??
That place is probably the most depressing place ever, especially when you used to spend all month compiling your report, getting it tech specced, changed, changed again & finally changed back into its original form, having it emailed down to your desk officer, only to get the email notification back the next day "your message has been deleted without being read"!! :pDT_Xtremez_25:
Cheers desk officer nazi!!! lol

Marham was ace though, if you were of the right age, when you were posted in you got issued your STORNO & a set of keys to the big bus & told to crack on with it.
At least back then we used to have full ops boards of recce pairs & 4-ships, not the 'possibly 1 sortie this week' sh1t3 that goes on these days. Shame really. :pDT_Xtremez_21:

T

The Almighty Fatwa Sam

Marham was ace though, if you were of the right age, when you were posted in you got issued your STORNO & a set of keys to the big bus & told to crack on with it.

Yeah, but if that's how you want to spend your time in the air farce, why not just join up as an MT driver in the first place?

R

Ricit XIII

Driver

Driver

But,
Hooded claw, you could'nt get out of bed on time to do duty driver. Talking about "cracking on".....it is 'pool cue' time:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

The Hooded Claw

But,
Hooded claw, you could'nt get out of bed on time to do duty driver. Talking about "cracking on".....it is 'pool cue' time:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Now now, that only happened the once & I had a fablon'd biff chit & pot of brufen as a get out of jail free card that day too :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Off Topic

has the post-det diet commenced yet?? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

R

Ricit XIII

Post det Diet

Post det Diet

Hooded Claw,
Unfortunately, after only being back for 6 days, had to go to Peterborough Hospital for a little surgery for a little nasty I picked up in the'stan'. Spent 16 days in blighty before medics would allow me to fly home, but at least i saw the mighty LINNETS. Now making up for it with the vino and pilsner. Back in Lynn at end of April for furhter hospital appointment, if you are backfrom KAF up for a few wets in Lynn? Where is TC nowadays?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

The Hooded Claw

TC's currently doing the deed I believe.
Has the QEH shut its GUM clinic or wasn't it that kind of 'stan nasty? (ducks incoming pool cue again) :pDT_Xtremez_30:
Should be up for a few schwallies all being well as long as missus claw signs the leave pass :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Status
Not open for further replies.