• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Public Sector Pension Ruling and the Armed Forces

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have just been accepted for a 2 year extension to my current LOS 35 - spookily enough it takes me to age 55!!!

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
All the public sector schemes have to work out what they intend to do to remedy the transitional arrangements and the Armed Forces Pension Team in Main Building are deeply involved in the work for AFPS members. Obviously, the options they develop will have to be agreed by senior military officers.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
All the public sector schemes have to work out what they intend to do to remedy the transitional arrangements and the Armed Forces Pension Team in Main Building are deeply involved in the work for AFPS members. Obviously, the options they develop will have to be agreed by senior military officers.
Thanks for the response.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Mate, I’ve not been in the crew room. Out dark blue colleagues have been told nothing this year on the decision front.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
FPS reckons everyone will get the choice of old vs new. There is a post on their website.

So given that we are not expected to have to make a claim at any point. Sometime in the future, if any of us survive the Zombie Apocalypse, we should receive a letter asking us what scheme (75 without a doubt) we want to go back on to.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Hey Vauxhall, is there a substantial backlog in new applications for the Pension Society to get through? Payment was taken about 5 weeks ago but I've not heard anything and as I am out soon I had to submit the Pen1 form without waiting for the Societies recommendations.