• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PRTC passed

So, today I passed my (three day) it was actually only two days PRTC, unless you failed fitness test or failed to bring in relevant exam results to skip Functioning Skills. In which you have to sit (day three.) it is all becoming real now. I have got my date for my intake. My intake flight. And my kit list etc.

Iam am not a huge fan of the classroom. However I know there will be a lot of classroom activities during basic that Iam not looking forward too. Iam just thinking mainly of the end result. As I am a more hands on type of person. And kind of struggled during the maths but not so much the English side of things.

turns out on PRTC you don't really need to worry to much about kit. You are seen as (Civilians) still so will not be treated too harshly for lack of tie knotting skillls. Lack of ironing skills etc. But that does not mean do not make an effort lol.

For all serving members and non. I have one question to ask. It regards shaving. After trying to shave everyday (which they require during basic training) after the second day (final day for me) my face felt like it was being cut to pieces by a machete lol. I have tried all of the sensitive shaving foam. Sensitive after shave balm. Different razors, everything. However no matter what I try. I cannot shave one day after the other without it feeling like it is ripping my face to shreds. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

PhantomPickle

ktuludays

LAC
Re the shaving, your skin will toughen up and get used to it. Don't scrimp on a razor, I use double edge safety razors as blades are cheap as chips (£5 for 100 on eBay). Gillette fusion are ok but expensive blades. Try to soften the hairs with a hot shower 1st and use a good aftershave balm. I use nivea sensitive, white bottle and that will help with shaving rash. I'm now ex-mob so don't wet shave often but I stick to the above when I do and rarely get shaving rash or burn.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

ktuludays

LAC
Also pick up a stiptic pencil for cuts, burns like hell for a few seconds but stops bleeding instantly.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
... snip ...

For all serving members and non. I have one question to ask. It regards shaving. After trying to shave everyday (which they require during basic training) after the second day (final day for me) my face felt like it was being cut to pieces by a machete lol. I have tried all of the sensitive shaving foam. Sensitive after shave balm. Different razors, everything. However no matter what I try. I cannot shave one day after the other without it feeling like it is ripping my face to shreds. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

PhantomPickle

Well done on getting through PRTC.

Get yourself a shaving brush and lather up for several minutes using a good shaving cream and the hottest water that you can handle before shaving.

Clean your razor thoroughly after each shave and replace the blade every few shaves.

Pull your facial skin taught and leave the areas with the toughest bristles until the end to give them plenty of time to soften up.

Most importantly of all make sure you shave with the 'grain' otherwise you will be dragging hairs out instead of cutting them.

Ensure you rinse your face thoroughly and finish with a good moisturiser / balm.