• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just had the results of the latest Sgt/FS board, I came in the 70's!, I was wondering what other trade spooks thoughts were. This was the first joint I and C board and there were 165 in the field, 22 selected of which 7 were I's. Obviously it will take some time for the boards to settle down, in respect of the SNCO's board there are probably still some CT's to promote, as well as Sgt's expecting to get CT under the old scheme, and these will probably come of the next few boards.

Also if there were 165 SNCO's in the field, how many will there be for the Cpl/ Sgt board?

It seems that the days of four year promotions are finally over. Will this cause an outcry amongst the hoi-poloi? Will people leave in droves? or will we take it with stoicism?

And what trade group will come under? Not seen anything as yet, will it be 11 or 14?

Answers/discussion.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

R

rodger-dodger

Congrats

Congrats

Having just had the results of the latest Sgt/FS board, I came in the 70's!, I

Answers/discussion.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Well done, It's great to see someone doing so well.:raf:

think yourself lucky you not MT it's been like that for the last 16 years.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Not only the Cpl/Sgt board but the SAC/Cpl board next year will be interesting as well, but then it'll be the usual 4 or so to Sgt and 20 to Cpl or something similar!

Trade Gp 14 was the aim before the merge but that was only within the IA areas, don't know what they decided in Du Management.....

Will be interesting over the next few years while everything settles down again what ever the outcome. ::p:

R

Ricit XIII

Sgt-FS board

Sgt-FS board

There were only 5 'A' grade candidates in the IM TG and going against CT's with more time in rank and grades speaks for itself.
It will take a couple of prom boards before the trade will settle down, there will be some unhappy people but with the draw down of the RAF the days of 4-5 years to Sgt have gone.
I believe that the new trade WO will be an 'C' very soon. The group number has yet to be ratified could be 11 or could be 14?

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
I believe that the new trade WO will be an 'C' very soon. The group number has yet to be ratified could be 11 or could be 14?

Would fit as WO K** F** is probably due a posting by now... I look forward to finding out where I came on the Cpl/Sgt board next year, prob at the bottom! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

B

Blackadder

I was told straight from the trade sponsor that we will become TG11 - not sure when mind.

Oh, and the new Trade WO is already in place and is a C (first met at a meeting of what he thought was all C's where he made a joke about the I's being well scr*wed over on the SGT-FS board - ho ho grrr...). WO KF has gone off to an accompanied in Tampa Bay the jammy swine!!

Last edited:

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
I was told straight from the trade sponsor that we will become TG11 - not sure when mind.

Oh, and the new Trade WO is already in place and is a C (first met at a meeting of what he thought was all C's where he made a joke about the I's being well scr*wed over on the SGT-FS board - ho ho grrr...). WO KF has gone off to an accompanied in Tampa Bay the jammy swine!!

Oh joy....at least the deskie is the same though!

Nice to see that it's going to be all fair with promotions etc then.

WO KF was always a jammy swine, how many young newly promoted WO's have you come across that go straight in as Trade WO?? Hat off to him though he's certainly got the experiance and knowledge for any job within the trade. :pDT_Xtremez_26:

P

paddygee

K** F** a Wobbly......P**l C**t** a FS?.........Heavens, what can happen in 11 years......newly promoted Sgts when I used to be bored to tears in a RIC...
Great lads, though!!!!
Happy days........Never forget when J*** R***es shot himself in the hand with a map pin, propelled by a large elastic band. I still cry with laughter at the sight of him, pin embedded in his left hand, screaming his head off !!!!!!

G

Grey_Man

K** F** a Wobbly......P**l C**t** a FS?.........Heavens, what can happen in 11 years

If I'm getting the right name from the stars, P**l C**t** is now a Wobbly at TIW.

T- This
I- Isn't
W- Working

Grey_Man

P

paddygee

A Wobbly...???? Heavens, he still has my Haynes Cavalier Manual from 1995

.....Just watching the film "Bad Boys" on Channel 5, reminds me when I went to see it at Kings Lynn Cinema in 1995, along with Dave Irish......
We're both still very cynical, me and Dave.......heavens, if ever there was an example of politics and PI courses, it was him..!!!!!!!!

Has R*c* Gre***le been picked up to Sgt?

Where is A*d* Wi**on nowadays????

Status
Not open for further replies.