• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Process appears to have stalled?

TSG1

LAC
Hi everyone

I am in the proess of joining as a Logistics Driver but the process seems to have come to an unexplained halt.

I applied in April and currently the only stages I have completed are the AST and induction (which took about an hour).

Am ex Army and know thre was a bit of delay over my discharge docs but that was sorted ages ago. I don't want to keep hassling the AFCO as I understand they must be busy.

Guess its just sheer amount of applicants that is holding things up?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

TSG1

LAC
No am awaiting a date for that but was told over a month ago that I would know in two weeks, a month later am still waiting.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Could be vetting. Anything that might have required a follow up (no details required obv)

TSG1

LAC
I have rung a couple of times and sent an email however the particular recuiter dealing with my case has not been there (leave) but messages were supposed to have been left to get back to me but no joy as yet.

HistoricalLy vetting has always been a lengthy process so am guessing it must be that. Just frustrating!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Hi everyone

I am in the proess of joining as a Logistics Driver but the process seems to have come to an unexplained halt.

I applied in April and currently the only stages I have completed are the AST and induction (which took about an hour).

Am ex Army and know thre was a bit of delay over my discharge docs but that was sorted ages ago. I don't want to keep hassling the AFCO as I understand they must be busy.

Guess its just sheer amount of applicants that is holding things up?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Hi, I've been in the application system since August 2014 and still waiting, but I have been in touch during this time. They should be able to provide you with some sort of update even if it's: "We're waiting for a free spot" or something. Your next steps should be the medical and fitness tests, but they might be prioritising candidates who are going for roles that have start dates earlier than yours. Either way, they should be able to tell you something even if it's "sit tight".
Be prepared to be in the process for a while, especially if it's not a "featured" role.

Mag2grid

Corporal
I have rung a couple of times and sent an email however the particular recuiter dealing with my case has not been there (leave) but messages were supposed to have been left to get back to me but no joy as yet.

HistoricalLy vetting has always been a lengthy process so am guessing it must be that. Just frustrating!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Which Sqn have you applied to?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
There are pinch-point trades which become a manning priority, your choice of job may not be one of them - in which case, it can be a long waiting game. As an example, when I joined the Int trade (a long time ago...) it was at a pinch-point, and the whole process took 6 weeks - from initial query to starting at Halton.

There's no harm in asking the AFCO which pinch-point trades they are currently trying to fill...

There's also the possibility that the hold-up is at Phase 2 training level - I believe that recruits are only taken on at Halton when there is a confirmed training space at phase 2, and that is usually planned out 6 to 12 months in advance.