• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pressure cooker terrorist

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Leeds man Mohammad Farooq has appeared in court charged with terrorism offences.

" A student nurse accused of taking a homemade bomb to the Leeds hospital he worked at has appeared in court. Mohammad Farooq was said to have the device outside the maternity ward of St James's Hospital on 20 January. Mr Farooq, 27, who was also said to have undertaken reconnaissance outside an RAF base, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court accused of preparing a terrorist act."

The RAF base recon is cause for concern. Hopefully those in the corridors of power have plan in place to thwart such recon missions.

Usual E-Goat rules about Op Sec Per Sec apply

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We must demand that pressure cooker sales are now monitored and anyone with a beard buying one is immediately apprehended.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Leeds man Mohammad Farooq has appeared in court charged with terrorism offences.

" A student nurse accused of taking a homemade bomb to the Leeds hospital he worked at has appeared in court. Mohammad Farooq was said to have the device outside the maternity ward of St James's Hospital on 20 January. Mr Farooq, 27, who was also said to have undertaken reconnaissance outside an RAF base, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court accused of preparing a terrorist act."

The RAF base recon is cause for concern. Hopefully those in the corridors of power have plan in place to thwart such recon missions.

Usual E-Goat rules about Op Sec Per Sec apply

Given that gate guards were being briefed to look out for dodgy characters potentially doing reconnaissance more than 30 years ago when I was doing my turns, I would like to think such subjects are still on the curriculum.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not good to have a serving member charged. I wonder who vetted him:
It's probably worth some quiet questions of the recruiting office staff that signed him up but he could have changed his views after joining.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
It's probably worth some quiet questions of the recruiting office staff that signed him up but he could have changed his views after joining.
I remember a JT Armourer at Honington that worked in the SSA, after a couple of years the realisation of the job that he was doing got to him and he joined CND, he worked in the guardroom at Barnham from that day until his discharge a few weeks later.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

Same could go for the Met, but their head is having everyone re-checked.