• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Postings and why they send you somewhere

C

Chuff Chart

I know its probably been done to death, but I need to ask.
I was posted to Marham but since found Im promoted in post which frankly rocks. Now, theres always posts for all ranks on Eurofighter in the PMBs, and Conners is one of my 3 choices for posting, I stated my case about my house in Lincoln etc so why did PMA post me to Marham?
Oh and can anyone who works at PMA tell me if theres a posting vendetta against red arrows personnel, almost every techie in the last 3 years has either gone to Marham or Lossie...

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
There are all kinds of reasons why you may not get your area of choice on posting. Are you Tonka Q'd? If you are, then training costs are a consideration (cheap for you and expensive for someone who's never worked on them before). Had the post you went into at Marham been gapped for any length of time? Is your sqn short of manpower in your trade?

Sometimes drafters are under intense pressure to fill certain posts and if you're due posting at a time they're being told they must fill vacant posts at Marham then that will take precedence over your area of choice.

Drafters aren't (usually) out to screw people over and they really don't have a dartboard to help them make drafting decisions. As for a vendetta against sparrows personnel, the primadonnas probably deserve it!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

S

student-grant

what the feck ...at the end of the day your in the military and they will send you where they like ......if you dont like that fact you should not have joined up .......so stop moaning and get over it......

C

Chuff Chart

Oh yeah, I understand TBJ, and Im not pouring scorn on draughters, I do understand they have a hard job. Just seems crazy that they clearly want people to go to Eurofighter, Id willingly work there but I'd have to go to Marham.
As for the sparrows, theyre all fine, upstanding, hard working and gifted technicians, and theres not a knob among them... *ahem*

C

Chuff Chart

Couldnt give a rats ass where Im posted Student jerk, I was just asking a question. Id quite happily go to Marham, already done one five year tour there.

Remember our IPT friends have let CLS contracts to companies with a guaranteed number of blue suits in post. No blue suit company gets to claim money back, so pressure on to keep posts filled at all cost

And I think Marham falls in this area

zipfish

Mr
Just because they ask for volunteers for eurofighter, doen't mean they need people.

For some reason they always ask for volunteers for certain jobs just to add to the list.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
postings

postings

Quote - Remember our IPT friends have let CLS contracts to companies with a guaranteed number of blue suits in post. No blue suit company gets to claim money back, so pressure on to keep posts filled at all cost

And I think Marham falls in this area.- Unquote

That's exactly the case with the CMU at Marham. Our airships have signed up to a contract that not only stipulates a number of blue suits but also dictates experience levels etc. The contract is to get CMU up and running ASAP at the expense of everything else including personal issues etc.

Last edited:

Dingbat

SAC
Reminds me of when I was due back from Cyprus a number of years ago. Being a singlie, I was not bothered where I was posted so didn't bother filling in a dream sheet. Couple of months before I am due back a signal arrives from PMA demanding I filled out said dream sheet, so looking to the future and where I eventually fancied settling down post career I asked for Fylingdales, Leeming and Staxton Wold, thinking I'd buy propety on the Yorkshire Moors (God's country after all).
Where did I get posted? St Mawgan, and on the posting chit it stated 'Not area of choice'. Always wondered why the heck they bothered asking when they weren't going to take any notice of it.

Soupdragon

Piermaster
yup, sounds very familiar Dingbat, i filled in my areas of choice when i was put on PWR... "yes please..." Cyprus, Malta or Gan.... "no thanks" Gibraltar... guess where i went?

i was told by one of our guys who was not long back from Gan that when he went to the Gen Office out there to be told of his posting home that the scribbly remarked...."strange isnt it? ive noticed you Marine Branch guys always put in for places on the coast...."

Siggy Siggy Siggy