• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pilot vision requirements on enlistment

Dixie68

SAC
I left the RAF in 2006 and at that time I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to join up as a pilot you had to have perfect vision (uncorrected) or they wouldn't even consider you - can anyone tell me what the requirements are now please? A friend's son is looking at joining as a pilot but his eyesight isn't perfect. I'm seeing conflicting answers on Google.

Cheers all. :)

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
My advice is that the young man pops into an AFCO as an enquirer. If needs be they can ask him to fill in an ophthalmic medical supplementary
leaflet which will then be sent up to the Department of Occupational Medicine. They can look at this and advise if he's fit to apply for pilot or go for a less Godlike trade/ branch.