• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phone Socks

230Tiger

Sergeant
The latest barmy idea from the lean process........

Phase three of the clothing stores re-jig is to close the counter service.

If you need an item of clothing you will have to phone them and place an order. Then, at some stage, when they get the item in, it will be available "from an area on camp"!

WHAT THE F..k! Hello, clothing stores, i'd like a pair of socks please. Certainly, they'll be here a week next tuesday, we'll let you know where you can get them from!

AND, don't even get me started on the lean event decisions on the station guard force......F.....g Hell.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
230Tiger said:
AND, don't even get me started on the lean event decisions on the station guard force......F.....g Hell.:pDT_Xtremez_42:
Do tell, I've never heard of leaning evens of SSGF!

skevans

Flight Sergeant
I remember the leaning of clothing stores at the home of the Harrier. If I wanted kit I ordered it with a seperate form for each item and when it was in stock the stackers would drive all the way from there place to the fire station in a fork lift to deliver it. Apparently this saved on manpower!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
skevans said:
I remember the leaning of clothing stores at the home of the Harrier. If I wanted kit I ordered it with a seperate form for each item and when it was in stock the stackers would drive all the way from there place to the fire station in a fork lift to deliver it. Apparently this saved on manpower!

This system is still in operation. It's great!
Even the shineys in SHQ, which is directly opposite Supply, e-mail their demands to Clothing & then Fwd Del drive 20 yards in the LDV to deliver a pair of socks to the Chief Clerk!
Saves him getting off his arse though...bless!

L

Lil Miss Naughty

230Tiger said:
The latest barmy idea from the lean process........

Phase three of the clothing stores re-jig is to close the counter service.

If you need an item of clothing you will have to phone them and place an order. Then, at some stage, when they get the item in, it will be available "from an area on camp"!

WHAT THE F..k! Hello, clothing stores, i'd like a pair of socks please. Certainly, they'll be here a week next tuesday, we'll let you know where you can get them from!

So whats happening with the guard force?
Where do they get all these stupid ideas from?

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Norman the Storeman said:
This system is still in operation. It's great!
Even the shineys in SHQ, which is directly opposite Supply, e-mail their demands to Clothing & then Fwd Del drive 20 yards in the LDV to deliver a pair of socks to the Chief Clerk!
Saves him getting off his arse though...bless!

Unbelievable! At least the chief shiney keeps his newly delivered trousers shiney!

fcking stupid idea really,

no counter service>?

great, even FWD DEL is useless at my camp, we jsut collect as awaiting spares over 2 hours is beginning to be the norm.

clothing on demand over phone? someones gonna demand SHED LOADS of kit.

someone might even be inclined to ty the following: (as someone did at my place with the History of RAF books)

"hello can I get 10 pairs of socks, 2 new field jackets, 1 pair of boots and a new no.1 jacket? thanks"

then EBAY the LOT.:pDT_Xtremez_30: