• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pensions

B

billy

Hi,

Looking for advise regarding CT Pensions. Do you have to do 2 years in the rank to get a FS pension, or do you get a percentage of the difference for each months served in the CT rank. ie 18 Months as a CT, means you get 3/4 of the increase from a Sgt to FS pension.

C

CC

Billy,

Whilst I'm not 100% sure, I believe you're correct in your thinkings. IE, if you did 18 mnths in the rank of Chf Tech you would get 3/4 of the increase from a Sgt to FS pension.

I'm sure if I'm wrong then someone will put me straight. The only people who I suppose could give you a definitive answer is the JPAC.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
but it thought?

but it thought?

I always thought you had to do 2 years to qualify for FS pension?
Is there a CT pension? I thought that was the bonus for the tech trades that you got the FS pension as soon as you left the SGT rank?

If on 05 then pension is based on max salary over the past 2 years so even if you only been in rank for a year you will benefit.

M

Martinwhynot

Time in Rank for Pension

Time in Rank for Pension

On AFPS 75 you must have completed 12 months in the rank to get anything. After that point it works proportionately up to 2yrs, which pays out the full amount due to the rank.

I'd advise checking with those lovely people in Glasgow- they'll give you a 'quote' if you ask them.

B

billy

Have checked with the experts up north, in writing. For every month in the rank, you get 1/24 of the up lift. Works out less than £30 a month if went early. Job hunting we go.